There are newer employer reviews for Volt Information

Read Upton Sinclair's The Jungle. You'll learn everything you need to know about working for Volt.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at Volt Information as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Getting hired is a cinch. You needn't have all your mental faculties to work their, they're really not picky, any warm body will do.

Cons

-You feel like you're being treated like cattle until you finally realize you're just a lab rat.
-First day of work I was given no instruction whatsoever, just plopped in front of a monitor and a controller with a packet in front of me for my daily duties. Nobody spoke to me of my responsibilities with the exception of the man yelling at everyone that nothing done or seen there was to be repeated elsewhere.
-I had to call in an average of 20 times for every 1 day of work I was offered. Took over a month after they hired me before they actually had me work.
-They will take away your shifts without letting you know in advance and just send you home after you've arrived at work. Just because you called 15 times and they told you to finally come in doesn't mean they'll honor it.

Considering the quality of people they hire their tyrannical approach to the workplace is probably the only way to actually get work done.

286 Other Employee Reviews for Volt Information (View Most Recent)

God Awful

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Volt Information full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fast in finding a job. Undercuts cost of competition so there are many companies that go with Volt to fill positions within the company

Cons

They take a significant chunk of your paycheck
    They do not respond quickly to emails, phone calls, carrier pigeons, or smoke signals. Seriously, the only time I can get a hold of them is when they need something from me.

Take a smaller cut from my paycheck. 22.5% is too much when you barely pay me enough to pay my rent and feed myself.

Volt overview

Former Employee - Project Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Volt Information full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, family oriented

Cons

difficult sector to compete in

There are newer employer reviews for Volt Information