Volt Information

www.volt.com

Read Upton Sinclair's The Jungle. You'll learn everything you need to know about working for Volt.

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGetting hired is a cinch. You needn't have all your mental faculties to work their, they're really not picky, any warm body will do.

Cons-You feel like you're being treated like cattle until you finally realize you're just a lab rat.
-First day of work I was given no instruction whatsoever, just plopped in front of a monitor and a controller with a packet in front of me for my daily duties. Nobody spoke to me of my responsibilities with the exception of the man yelling at everyone that nothing done or seen there was to be repeated elsewhere.
-I had to call in an average of 20 times for every 1 day of work I was offered. Took over a month after they hired me before they actually had me work.
-They will take away your shifts without letting you know in advance and just send you home after you've arrived at work. Just because you called 15 times and they told you to finally come in doesn't mean they'll honor it.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering the quality of people they hire their tyrannical approach to the workplace is probably the only way to actually get work done.

God Awful

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Volt Information full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very fast in finding a job. Undercuts cost of competition so there… Cons: They take a significant chunk of your paycheck They do not respond quickly to emails, phone calls, carrier pigeons, or… Advice to Senior Management: Take a smaller cut from my paycheck. 22.5% is too much when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Volt overview

Project Manager (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

I worked at Volt Information full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people to work with, family oriented Cons: difficult sector to compete in Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Volt Information.

Worked for Volt Information? Contribute to the Community!