Volusion

www.volusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

An amazing software company with heart

Current Employee - Product Development in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Product Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing, talented people
 - Latest and greatest hardware/software (Mac & PC)
 - Agile development
 - Weekly breakfasts
 - So many snacks
 - A clear, achievable mission

Volusion still manages to have a start-up feel, even after 13 years of successful business. The development team is the brightest I have ever seen assembled. The company culture is casual, fun and uplifting (meeting rooms are named after video games, the VP of product has a kegerator in his office for beer Friday). It's a great place to apply your skills and talents toward improving the ecommerce experience for tens of thousands of merchants.

Cons

- High expectations
 - Interviews are tough, but relevant

Would love to see Volusion host a hackathon.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Volusion (View Most Recent)

Great tech company...solid pay, embraces creativity.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with incredibly talented people and the latest technology. Quirky and fun place to be. Creativity is rewarded. The pay is better than most other places in town, and not all the politics of a bigger company. Happier than I've been in a long time being at a place that understands what it takes to write great software.

Cons

Constant interviews and onboarding as we hire new people. Sometimes the keg in the office is empty.

Keep hiring talented people and don't bow to the pressure to lower the bar in order to fill seats. I don't want to work with some of the weasels I worked with in the past at other companies.

My experience has been fantastic.

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great sales managers, great place to learn about sales, leadership team really values the front lines and does everything they can to ensure a sales reps' success. its awesome that the CEO knows our names!

Cons

offices are split now; so its hard to meet with other people from other departments to learn about what they do. i can still schedule meetings with them but it takes more time of out of the day to do that since i have to drive to the other building.

hire more people. the intense growth that the company is facing is the company's biggest challenge.

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion