Good team, nice people, chance for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Volusion knows the value of its development team and works hard not only to keep them happy, but leave them alone where it counts to do so. Developers are allowed to choose or make their own tools, design their own processes, and make their own schedules. Though software quality takes a back seat to business needs like any company, you do get plenty of chances to do something cool.

Cons

The corporate culture is somewhat conservative in terms of innovation and envelope-pushing, and conversely, the office environment is a little too much on the rambunctious side. Upper management is too involved in day-to-day product direction decisions, especially visual ones, and that slows down the pace of green-field development so it seems glacial sometimes.

Know your strengths. You are great a building a customer-service-focused business. You are not UI pioneers.

Other Reviews for Volusion

Good place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am in my mid-30s and have had several jobs. Volusion is one of the best I've had. It's a great working environment. It seems like there is free food at least once a week. There are a lot of fun activities to participate in. I feel like Volusion does genuinely care about its employees and wants to keep them happy. Benefits are great!

Cons

There is always something to complain about, right? But, I cannot think of any deal breakers. It's a good size company and I can speak for my experience thus far, which has been overall positive.

I have enjoyed the recent insight to where the company is headed.

Best place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Volusion is the best place to work! In addition to the fun, laid-back, friendly environment, Volusion really cares about their employees and about investing in their employees as their most valuable resource. A lot of companies say that, but Volusion really demonstrates it. They foster and focus on their employees' strengths and allow those strengths to guide the individual's career path, which results in the employees feeling valued and invested in their work. It's definitely a win-win situation for both employee and employer! And I could write volumes about how wonderful, amazing, dedicated, creative, and fun all the people here are. Truly like family!

Cons

I can't even think of any!

Keep up what you're doing! The management shows true integrity in the decisions they make, in caring about us as individuals, in giving back to the community and the world, in making life easier for our customers, and in letting us all contribute in ways that are meaningful.

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion.

Worked for Volusion? Contribute to the Community!