There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

Great company and great culture

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back and the ability to perform at a high level

Cons

Communication style of team managers is often aggressive

Advice to Management

Upper-management is doing a good job leading the company. Mid and lower level managers need communication training when dealing with employees.

reviews filtered by

A fun place to work with interesting challenges, and a friendly, supportive staff

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't looking for employment when Volusion first contacted me about a position. Every step of the process, from the initial contact, to the first day on the job, convinced me that I had made the right decision. My experience so far has been positive, and Volusion has demonstrated on numerous occasions that one of their priorities is to create a workplace where you look forward to coming in on Monday morning.

* Supportive, helpful, team members
    * An HR department that works hard to keep employees happy and engaged.
    * Resources to help one grow as an employee

Cons

I started working when I was a teenager, and have been in the workforce for over twenty years. There is no such thing as a perfect place to work.

Volusion is growing quickly, and while HR does a great job of getting you acclimated on the first day. After the initial orientation from HR, however, department-level on-boarding can be disorganized or non-existent. Make some friends in your department quickly, and ask for help. Your peers will do their best to make sure you're getting what you need.

Members of upper management all seem to be great at what they do. Some in middle management would do well with a round of leadership training to learn how to build positive relationships with their staff members, and communicate appropriately.

Advice to Management

You have a great vision. Volusion is a great place to work, and with some attention to middle management, it would almost be perfect!

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

#1 the people. Volusion has done an outstanding job staffing. Everyone there grows as a family and welcomes new members with open arms. Volusion is constantly trying to better the company and get new perks for it's employees

Cons

It's a growing company, and it's growing fast. With that comes growing pains that are expected.