Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Volusion has a really good atmosphere for developers. They have very talented people with a lot of experience. The best part of working as a developer at Volusion is their culture of iteration and problem solving. They work hard and play hard. If you like a atmosphere that pushes the envelope with technology while shooting Nerf guns, riding scooters and while being provided catered food, then you will love working at Volusion.

Cons

Be prepared to work in a open floor environment. This is not a con for most people because it helps collaboration.

Advice to Management

Don't change the culture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A fun place to work with interesting challenges, and a friendly, supportive staff

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't looking for employment when Volusion first contacted me about a position. Every step of the process, from the initial contact, to the first day on the job, convinced me that I had made the right decision. My experience so far has been positive, and Volusion has demonstrated on numerous occasions that one of their priorities is to create a workplace where you look forward to coming in on Monday morning.

* Supportive, helpful, team members
    * An HR department that works hard to keep employees happy and engaged.
    * Resources to help one grow as an employee

Cons

I started working when I was a teenager, and have been in the workforce for over twenty years. There is no such thing as a perfect place to work.

Volusion is growing quickly, and while HR does a great job of getting you acclimated on the first day. After the initial orientation from HR, however, department-level on-boarding can be disorganized or non-existent. Make some friends in your department quickly, and ask for help. Your peers will do their best to make sure you're getting what you need.

Members of upper management all seem to be great at what they do. Some in middle management would do well with a round of leadership training to learn how to build positive relationships with their staff members, and communicate appropriately.

Advice to Management

You have a great vision. Volusion is a great place to work, and with some attention to middle management, it would almost be perfect!

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

#1 the people. Volusion has done an outstanding job staffing. Everyone there grows as a family and welcomes new members with open arms. Volusion is constantly trying to better the company and get new perks for it's employees

Cons

It's a growing company, and it's growing fast. With that comes growing pains that are expected.