Volusion

www.volusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

Developer

I have been working at Volusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Volusion has a really good atmosphere for developers. They have very talented people with a lot of experience. The best part of working as a developer at Volusion is their culture of iteration and problem solving. They work hard and play hard. If you like a atmosphere that pushes the envelope with technology while shooting Nerf guns, riding scooters and while being provided catered food, then you will love working at Volusion.

Cons

Be prepared to work in a open floor environment. This is not a con for most people because it helps collaboration.

Don't change the culture.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Volusion (View Most Recent)

Great company and great culture

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very laid back and the ability to perform at a high level

Cons

Communication style of team managers is often aggressive

Upper-management is doing a good job leading the company. Mid and lower level managers need communication training when dealing with employees.

A fun place to work with interesting challenges, and a friendly, supportive staff

I have been working at Volusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wasn't looking for employment when Volusion first contacted me about a position. Every step of the process, from the initial contact, to the first day on the job, convinced me that I had made the right decision. My experience so far has been positive, and Volusion has demonstrated on numerous occasions that one of their priorities is to create a workplace where you look forward to coming in on Monday morning.

* Supportive, helpful, team members
    * An HR department that works hard to keep employees happy and engaged.
    * Resources to help one grow as an employee

Cons

I started working when I was a teenager, and have been in the workforce for over twenty years. There is no such thing as a perfect place to work.

Volusion is growing quickly, and while HR does a great job of getting you acclimated on the first day. After the initial orientation from HR, however, department-level on-boarding can be disorganized or non-existent. Make some friends in your department quickly, and ask for help. Your peers will do their best to make sure you're getting what you need.

Members of upper management all seem to be great at what they do. Some in middle management would do well with a round of leadership training to learn how to build positive relationships with their staff members, and communicate appropriately.

You have a great vision. Volusion is a great place to work, and with some attention to middle management, it would almost be perfect!

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion