Volusion

www.volusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

Where hard work still pays off.

Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started in the support department and in less than two years have been promoted twice and now hold a position in our corporate office. This, of course, is not the case for every employee, but I can say without a doubt hard work gets noticed here. Volusion values their employees and does what it can to provide a clear path to success. The free food, game rooms and gym are appreciated, but it is this company's culture, spirit and work ethic that keep me walking in the front door.

Cons

Volusion is still in that awkward stage between start-up and going public. While I find working for a company in this stage an opportunity of a lifetime, I can see why someone else would not. It often scares away great employees who need more stability. That said, I've not worked for a company where so many former employees have returned.

Solicit feedback from your employees (especially customer-facing) more often on company policies, software features and services. The people on the front line aren't all cynical.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Volusion (View Most Recent)

The job I have been looking for my entire life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I, literally, have been waiting for this job my entire life. Here are some of the reasons why I feel this way...

Top notch manager and team members. My manager really knows the tech side of the business well. I have had "non-technical" managers in the past. Not the case here. I feel comfortable collaborating with my Manager and look to him for insight into upper level managements potentially rapid changing business priorities. If he suggests a technology related change, I know a) it will work and b) the suggestion is based on the best interests of our team and an understanding of upper level managements current pain points.

True autonomy. I am allowed to set direction, build business cases for tool set selection and have support for implementing cutting edge tools and technologies as long as there is a solid business case.

Comprehensive Benefits Package. Medical Insurance for myself and my children effective my first day at work. This is a "real deal" insurance package too, not some package that costs a fortune and covers nothing.

Not just "lip service". I cannot remember the last time an employer actually paid the bonus that is typically a part of every compensation plan. Volusion does.

Employee focused. Everyone knows this is a "Culture Company". Cool stuff happens pretty much every week. Watch out for the free ice cream and energy drinks (extra pounds...). People are encouraged to bring their favorite beer and drink a few on Friday Afternoons (as in, EVERY Friday). Flexible time-off policies. I missed work to have two procedures done on my lower back in my first 90 days. My manager was nothing but supportive.

Support for Work/Life Balance. My Manager frequently reminds me that he does not expect me to work 24/7 and supports work/life balance. At my level, there will always be challenges with regard to that balance. I leverage the Volusion "Work from Home" policy (one day a week) as much as possible. "Crunch time" I frequently work from home. It allows me to be a part of my son's lives even when I am putting in long hours.

A flat organisational model with upper level management that are accessible. I brought my sons to work on National bring your kids to work day. They loved it. My oldest boy wants to be a Developer. I mentioned it to the Director of Development here. He took my son and I to lunch and is making time to evaluate my son for an internship. Hopefully my son will have an opportunity to learn and grow here as well.

A Company with a solid financial future. I have read reviews from people who are or have been employees stating Volusion is in trouble. I am not at liberty to say how well the company is doing, but I am responsible for producing the financial reports. I take my job and the accuracy of the data I surface seriously. Based on the current and projected growth of the company, Volusion Stock Options already have substantial value. This is the first time in my life I feel the options I am offered have substance. You do not need a Crystal Ball to see the direction of a privately held company that is profitable, has been for a while, and continues to grow.

I truly cannot say enough good things about being a part of Volusion.

Cons

I am sure that if I stopped focusing on the positive aspects of working here I could probably find things to complain about. I choose not to.

So Far So Great!!!

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Volusion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company tries very hard to take care of their employees. Still small enough to allow a person to make a difference, but not a one person shop. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

None encountered yet. Great benefits, competitive pay, they try really hard to make the job as enjoyable as possible. Please remember everyone, it is still a job. Unless it is lounging on a beach, it will never be perfect.

Keep up the great work. Maybe a bit more flexibility on in office requirements. Food truck additions are great. Love the company events. All in all, an awesome place to be working.

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion