There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

Office Culture IS Extremely Militant Run by all Prior US Marines

Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC
Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

pros: if you absolutely have to gain some experience in the IT field or just need a paycheck, Volvo User Request Services is a job. Regardless of degree or IT certifications, most of your job will be inventorying outdated computers, stacking them on pallets for disposal and running the daily mail around. i.e. "everyone starts at the bottom"

Cons

You are intentionally set up for failure from the beginning. Your mistakes will be used as opportunities to exercise authority and instill dominance upon you. The real managers never come in. You will be at the mercy of their unqualified lapdog snitches on a daily basis. The office culture is simple male brute pack mentality. If you're a young good-looking girl, you will probably have opportunity. However, if you've been there less than 3 years, you don't really matter. Their carefully practiced songs and dance will make you question yourself. To succeed? Figure out how to do their job better and more efficiently and then let them take the credit for it. Cower in their presence and take responsibility for their failures. Volvo User Request Services motto: "do everything for me while I watch Youtube and gossip all day. Don't complain about it either because I have relations with the boss. His wife doesn't know about so I'm looking for any dirt I can find on you in case you find out. If you do find out or I just don't like you, you WILL be fired. I'm four for four, so far

come to work and do your own job instead of installing office rats to take pictures and digitally monitor the moves of unknowing employees. This isn't the Marine Corps; employees aren't new recruits. After twenty years, I guess old habits die hard. If you're going to demand that employees never make mistakes maybe YOU should come to the office every once in awhile. You aren't "working" from home and you aren't faithful to your wife either.

reviews filtered by
  1. What isn't wrong with this company...

Current Employee - Manager in Gothenburg (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Manager in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I have been working at Volvo Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People spend years...nej, decades...here contributing nothing, so if you're a good Svensson and time report every week, you'll have loads of time for your family, fika, and surfing the web. This is a haven for mediocrity and you will never have to worry about anyone outshining you here.

Cons

The culture is soul sucking. HR does not value employees and believes they can engineer the perfect organization with utterly replaceable people at all levels. The pay is average to below average. There's no growth at the company, and it is in fact contracting. The benefits suck. No one cares about building a quality product and the only KPI in the company is cost. The IT organization is the most dysfunctional, so good luck getting any help from them for anything beyond resetting your password. If you have any shred of energy, passion, creativity, or ambition then you should run as fast as possible in the other direction. Basically, this company has a leadership vacuum and no vision. The current CEO is milking the cow for its last bit of milk, while butchering the company bit by bit to prop up the share price.

Quit giving out raises and bonuses to the executive team and the board. You're failing at your job. Take the company private and stop doing everything for the almighty shareholder.

2. Good to join after 5-6 years of experience but not for freshers.

I have been working at Volvo Group

Pros

Good working environment, good work life balance,

Cons

Salary not upto market standards, low hike %, small learning curve, less challenging(gets monotonous)

make way for different career paths according to individual's aspirations

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group