Volvo Group

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

Office Culture IS Extremely Militant Run by all Prior US Marines

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

pros: if you absolutely have to gain some experience in the IT field or just need a paycheck, Volvo User Request Services is a job. Regardless of degree or IT certifications, most of your job will be inventorying outdated computers, stacking them on pallets for disposal and running the daily mail around. i.e. "everyone starts at the bottom"

Cons

You are intentionally set up for failure from the beginning. Your mistakes will be used as opportunities to exercise authority and instill dominance upon you. The real managers never come in. You will be at the mercy of their unqualified lapdog snitches on a daily basis. The office culture is simple male brute pack mentality. If you're a young good-looking girl, you will probably have opportunity. However, if you've been there less than 3 years, you don't really matter. Their carefully practiced songs and dance will make you question yourself. To succeed? Figure out how to do their job better and more efficiently and then let them take the credit for it. Cower in their presence and take responsibility for their failures. Volvo User Request Services motto: "do everything for me while I watch Youtube and gossip all day. Don't complain about it either because I have relations with the boss. His wife doesn't know about so I'm looking for any dirt I can find on you in case you find out. If you do find out or I just don't like you, you WILL be fired. I'm four for four, so far

come to work and do your own job instead of installing office rats to take pictures and digitally monitor the moves of unknowing employees. This isn't the Marine Corps; employees aren't new recruits. After twenty years, I guess old habits die hard. If you're going to demand that employees never make mistakes maybe YOU should come to the office every once in awhile. You aren't "working" from home and you aren't faithful to your wife either.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Volvo Group (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work. Great culture

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Volvo Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment is a big plus along with global work nature.

Cons

Collaboration between employees is not good. People do not think they are working for Volvo Group. People are more concerned about their vertical which creates negative pressures.

Consider better employee collaboration between different verticals.

Great to work at, but it's better if you are not an external consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Curitiba (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Curitiba (Brazil)

I worked at Volvo Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has a great environment and a good organization. The daily activities are pleasant.

Cons

Many employees don't get substantial salary raises for years and many consultants start to realize that they are just cheaper employees that don't have the same pay nor benefits as a Volvo employee. Most consultants work exclusively for Volvo and some of them get scammed by their companies until they get tired of it and leave both Volvo and their company.

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group