There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

Office Culture IS Extremely Militant Run by all Prior US Marines

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

pros: if you absolutely have to gain some experience in the IT field or just need a paycheck, Volvo User Request Services is a job. Regardless of degree or IT certifications, most of your job will be inventorying outdated computers, stacking them on pallets for disposal and running the daily mail around. i.e. "everyone starts at the bottom"

Cons

You are intentionally set up for failure from the beginning. Your mistakes will be used as opportunities to exercise authority and instill dominance upon you. The real managers never come in. You will be at the mercy of their unqualified lapdog snitches on a daily basis. The office culture is simple male brute pack mentality. If you're a young good-looking girl, you will probably have opportunity. However, if you've been there less than 3 years, you don't really matter. Their carefully practiced songs and dance will make you question yourself. To succeed? Figure out how to do their job better and more efficiently and then let them take the credit for it. Cower in their presence and take responsibility for their failures. Volvo User Request Services motto: "do everything for me while I watch Youtube and gossip all day. Don't complain about it either because I have relations with the boss. His wife doesn't know about so I'm looking for any dirt I can find on you in case you find out. If you do find out or I just don't like you, you WILL be fired. I'm four for four, so far

come to work and do your own job instead of installing office rats to take pictures and digitally monitor the moves of unknowing employees. This isn't the Marine Corps; employees aren't new recruits. After twenty years, I guess old habits die hard. If you're going to demand that employees never make mistakes maybe YOU should come to the office every once in awhile. You aren't "working" from home and you aren't faithful to your wife either.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Volvo Group (View Most Recent)

Great to work at, but it's better if you are not an external consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Curitiba (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Curitiba (Brazil)

I worked at Volvo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has a great environment and a good organization. The daily activities are pleasant.

Cons

Many employees don't get substantial salary raises for years and many consultants start to realize that they are just cheaper employees that don't have the same pay nor benefits as a Volvo employee. Most consultants work exclusively for Volvo and some of them get scammed by their companies until they get tired of it and leave both Volvo and their company.

Over the years...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked here for 18-years. I've enjoyed the countless opportunities and successes while employed at Volvo. Overall, it's a great place to work!

Cons

I would like to see greater diversity in upper management particulary with women and other under-represented minorities (African-American/Hispanic). Also, it would be nice to see more persons who look like me in the landscape of overall employees.

In your "race to the top" - stay credible. Be transparent with your employees! Your non-disclosure policies regarding pay and pay-scale make it diffifcult to negotiate salaries. You are not fair in this practice because you obviously hold the all of the cards. Address your pay inequities and fix it quickly! Greensboro has a "gem" in their community so don't do anything to tarnish the Volvo name or reputation. I've seen a lot of great people get overlooked and demoted due re-organizations. It appears that Volvo doesn't know who they want to be when they grow-up at times -- too much "unexplained" change can hurt employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

Worked for Volvo Group? Contribute to the Community!