There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group

Volvo Powertrain North America

Former Employee - Engineer in Hagerstown, MD
Former Employee - Engineer in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Volvo Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, interesting work.

Cons

I got bored quickly and felt un challenged. Everything feels 10yrs in the past and you don't get to do true engineering.

Advice to Management

Quit focuisng on the re-org so much and focus more on your employee retention

reviews filtered by
  1. Office Culture IS Extremely Militant Run by all Prior US Marines

Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

pros: if you absolutely have to gain some experience in the IT field or just need a paycheck, Volvo User Request Services is a job. Regardless of degree or IT certifications, most of your job will be inventorying outdated computers, stacking them on pallets for disposal and running the daily mail around. i.e. "everyone starts at the bottom"

Cons

You are intentionally set up for failure from the beginning. Your mistakes will be used as opportunities to exercise authority and instill dominance upon you. The real managers never come in. You will be at the mercy of their unqualified lapdog snitches on a daily basis. The office culture is simple male brute pack mentality. If you're a young good-looking girl, you will probably have opportunity. However, if you've been there less than 3 years, you don't really matter. Their carefully practiced songs and dance will make you question yourself. To succeed? Figure out how to do their job better and more efficiently and then let them take the credit for it. Cower in their presence and take responsibility for their failures. Volvo User Request Services motto: "do everything for me while I watch Youtube and gossip all day. Don't complain about it either because I have relations with the boss. His wife doesn't know about so I'm looking for any dirt I can find on you in case you find out. If you do find out or I just don't like you, you WILL be fired. I'm four for four, so far

Advice to Management

come to work and do your own job instead of installing office rats to take pictures and digitally monitor the moves of unknowing employees. This isn't the Marine Corps; employees aren't new recruits. After twenty years, I guess old habits die hard. If you're going to demand that employees never make mistakes maybe YOU should come to the office every once in awhile. You aren't "working" from home and you aren't faithful to your wife either.

2. -

I have been working at Volvo Group

Pros

Very nice co workers is good

Cons

Limited opportunities for career movements inside country.

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo Group