Volvo

www.volvogroup.com

Multiple Headquarters

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Hagerstown, MD

ProsI really like the way Volvo executed projects. There was always an avenue to approach upper management. I liked the way they handled difficult situations.

ConsVolvo bought out Mack Trucks Inc. Therefore I had two headquarters to report and recieve requests. There seemed to be an internal competition as to who knew the best way. I was caught in the middle of the conflict.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe mainframe systems at my location were being phased out. I did not see any opportunity for the future. I really liked Volvo alot, but there should have been an avenue for me to pursue with them.

Antiquated workplace

I have been working at Volvo

Pros: Big global corporation, brand name, relavtively stable job Cons: Cube farm culture, Middle level mangers are directionless, Most of… Advice to Senior Management: Introduce open office culture and more flexible timings/vacation schedule for work/life balance.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent company to work for

I have been working at Volvo

Pros: Great medical and dental benefits and one of the last companies to offer cash pension plan. Takes care of employees, does not lay off employees at… Cons: Slowest decision making process and after spending countless weeks discussing it in "workshops". Senior management… Advice to Senior Management: management in Sweden: There are awesome guys working in NA. Listen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Volvo.

Worked for Volvo? Contribute to the Community!