Volvo

www.volvogroup.com
  www.volvogroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Volvo

Good place to work if you enjoy working hard for limited advancement.

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo

Pros

Strategically the company is run very well financially.. Volvo is methodical in decision making to best balance profit, customer service, growth and employee satisfaction..

Cons

Career development is talked about or limited to specific category of people to meet quota requirements.

Great hidden talent within the ranks of workers who are held back by lack of developmental policies that would promote growth and career development. All talk but little action.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Volvo (View Most Recent)

Multiple Headquarters

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Volvo

Pros

I really like the way Volvo executed projects. There was always an avenue to approach upper management. I liked the way they handled difficult situations.

Cons

Volvo bought out Mack Trucks Inc. Therefore I had two headquarters to report and recieve requests. There seemed to be an internal competition as to who knew the best way. I was caught in the middle of the conflict.

The mainframe systems at my location were being phased out. I did not see any opportunity for the future. I really liked Volvo alot, but there should have been an avenue for me to pursue with them.

Antiquated workplace

I have been working at Volvo

Pros

Big global corporation, brand name, relavtively stable job

Cons

Cube farm culture, Middle level mangers are directionless, Most of the challenging engineering work is handled in Sweden

Introduce open office culture and more flexible timings/vacation schedule for work/life balance. Enhance engineering capability in North America to serve the local market better

There are newer employer reviews for Volvo