Volvo
www.volvogroup.com Torslanda, Sweden 50 to 149 Employees

Good place to work if you enjoy working hard for limited advancement.

Manager (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo

ProsStrategically the company is run very well financially.. Volvo is methodical in decision making to best balance profit, customer service, growth and employee satisfaction..

ConsCareer development is talked about or limited to specific category of people to meet quota requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat hidden talent within the ranks of workers who are held back by lack of developmental policies that would promote growth and career development. All talk but little action.

Multiple Headquarters

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Volvo

Pros: I really like the way Volvo executed projects. There was always an… Cons: Volvo bought out Mack Trucks Inc. Therefore I had two headquarters to report and recieve requests. There seemed to… Advice to Senior Management: The mainframe systems at my location were being phased out. I did not see any opportunity for the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Antiquated workplace

I have been working at Volvo

Pros: Big global corporation, brand name, relavtively stable job Cons: Cube farm culture, Middle level mangers are directionless, Most of… Advice to Senior Management: Introduce open office culture and more flexible timings/vacation schedule for work/life balance.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Volvo.

Worked for Volvo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volvo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Volvo CEO Olof Persson. All reviews posted anonymously by Volvo employees.