Very political.

Former Employee - Senior Buyer/Manager in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Senior Buyer/Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Volvo

Pros

You can certainly advance within the Volvo Group e.g. Volvo Parts, Volvo IT, etc. Non Automotive Purchasing is only one organization within Volvo Group.

Cons

USA employees have to follow globabl directives. No advancement opportunities within the local organization. Very high focus on cost savings. No bonus.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees judgement. Global does not always know what local people know.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work if you enjoy working hard for limited advancement.

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Volvo

Pros

Strategically the company is run very well financially.. Volvo is methodical in decision making to best balance profit, customer service, growth and employee satisfaction..

Cons

Career development is talked about or limited to specific category of people to meet quota requirements.

Advice to Management

Great hidden talent within the ranks of workers who are held back by lack of developmental policies that would promote growth and career development. All talk but little action.

Multiple Headquarters

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Volvo

Pros

I really like the way Volvo executed projects. There was always an avenue to approach upper management. I liked the way they handled difficult situations.

Cons

Volvo bought out Mack Trucks Inc. Therefore I had two headquarters to report and recieve requests. There seemed to be an internal competition as to who knew the best way. I was caught in the middle of the conflict.

Advice to Management

The mainframe systems at my location were being phased out. I did not see any opportunity for the future. I really liked Volvo alot, but there should have been an avenue for me to pursue with them.