Von Maur
www.vonmaur.com Davenport, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pleasant - better than most department stores.

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Von Maur part-time for less than a year

ProsPays time & a half for working on Sunday. Closes at 9:00 pm, even during the Christmas holidays. No crazy working hours (i.e. open 24 hours straight, early morning door buster hours, etc).

ConsThe Tess system for scheduling is ridiculous & cannot take into consideration that you have worked more than 8 days in a row & need a day off. It schedules very odd lunch/dinner breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers were floor sales people and were promoted rapidly (within 2-3 months) from when they started. This is a pro & con. A lot of their managers are inexperienced at leadership. Just because you can sell does not mean that you are equipped to manage others.

Great seasonal job!

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at Von Maur full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great training program! I felt 100% prepared on my own after completing the training class... very thorough! Unlike other stores during the Christmas season, there… Cons: Seasonal employees only get a 10% discount. Ridiculous sales goals... It is EXTREMELY hard to meet them with so many associates working at the same time… Advice to Senior Management: Give seasonal employees a better discount! I would have done more Christmas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't Drink the Kool Aid

Department Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Von Maur full-time for more than a year

Pros: As someone with 20 years retail experience-No Pros. There are too many… Cons: Too many cons to list. Just read all the reviews-they give an accurate portrayal of this company. If you want to feel like… Advice to Senior Management: Store/floor managers need to get off the power trip they are on and realize they are screwing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Von Maur.

Worked for Von Maur? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Von Maur reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Von Maur CEO James D. von Maur. All reviews posted anonymously by Von Maur employees.