There are newer employer reviews for VonChurch

Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VonChurch

Pros

VonChurch is well positioned in a rapidly growing space. VonChurch serves as an expert for digital entertainment and the executives are accessible to anyone in the organization. Collaboration and input are encouraged to make the team stronger. Adaptability is crucial for success to keep VC ahead of the curve--and the leaders are transparent with the direction and vision of the company. Those unwilling to put in the initial ramp up time, or those uncomfortable with change, may not find success here, but for people seeking a career with an established group that maintains a start up mentality, VonChurch is an environment that helps achievers to thrive. VonChurch is able to be agile in the space,the leads run their teams without micromanagement, and opportunity for growth exists internally as well as through expansion to new divisions and locations. It is exciting to work for a company that is continually growing and conquering new ground, especially if you appreciate the vision.

Work Hard, Play Harder is the motto, and it means get the job done, do it well, and the rewards will follow (rewards have included skydiving, vacations, camping adventures, and new tech toys--not including the increasing commission). The staff is a group of youthful, fun, creative, people, and on the sales/recruitment side of the house the earning potential has no ceiling.

I genuinely have fun and learn everyday.

Cons

If you're not adaptable, VonChurch will likely not be a great fit; change is part of the model.

Starting compensation can be tight until you take off.

I personally like the Dogpatch, but the neighborhood has some growing to do; lunch spots, shops, and anything to eat or drink after work hours are limited.

Continue to empower staff to be leaders!

reviews filtered by

Living by the moto - Work Hard : Play Harder

Current Employee - Associate Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VonChurch

Pros

Pros: VonChurch is a thriving start-up in an amazing space – Digital Entertainment. It has an awesome office atmosphere, hires great people who work hard and know just as easily how to play hard. They are willing to hire folks with no recruiting experience and give a chance to people just starting in their career. With an initial training you learn what recruiting is from the ground up. There are some really talented recruiters that you can learn firsthand from and everyone is passionate. If you work hard your work is rewarded in your pay check as it is a sales environment and gives opportunity for some healthy competition. Overall, a great place to start your recruiting career.

Cons

Cons: It is a start-up so change happens. You need to be able to roll with the punches, but in this type of atmosphere those who work hard and get the business will stand out and be recognized. It is not an environment for the masses but if you feel like you fit you will succeed!

Advice to Management: Keep listening and taking advice from your employees. They are working the grind each day and have the closest pulse to what is working and not working.

2. Opportunity

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VonChurch

Pros

VonChurch are a very unique company in a very unique market. Since it’s inception it has been under very rapid growth and have provided great opportunity for those on board. Be it responsibility, international travel or personal growth the company is very forward and willing to help. It is a very fun place to work, relaxed environment and also a great atmosphere. I love working here and also love the people here. We really have fun plus are very good at our jobs.

Cons

Recruiting is hard in any market. It is slightly easier being in a very hot market but when it does not go your way, forever reason, it can be difficult.
    You have to be tough minded as it is a ton of rejection everyday but the rewards can be fantastic. I personally thrive in this environment but if you cannot handle pressure I would not advise the career.

Good on you guys. I respect the work and effort given by all of us including management. Not everything is perfect all the time but overall the changes are super positive. When something is highlighted we all work together to resolve. Don’t get stressed by bitter reviews - You can't help everyone!

There are newer employer reviews for VonChurch