There are newer employer reviews for Vonage

vonage was a learning experience.

Former Employee - Anonymousles Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Anonymousles Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Vonage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a sales representative at vonage i learnd deferent skills on how to influence customers into dying a product.

Cons

I had to use my own fiule and veichle to get to the events we have all over south florida.

Advice to Management

The advice i have for the manegement is to not have a sales rep in a kios longer then 1 month. The longer we have our display at a store the harder it is to sale, because the customer are already familiar with are product.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Vonage will help you grow, but slowly wears you down if you stay too long.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Vonage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, and a great working environment, or was. Depending on your team and manager, tons of training opportunities.

Cons

So many levels of management, so many levels of reviews on projects. Unless a friend was desperate, I would advise them to find employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Stop adding so many levels of complexity to everything. Don't change the culture to fit in with where you used to work. You came here to work, we didnt come to you. Flexible schedules is a great offset to lower than industry pay or only 2% annual increases.

2. Great experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

$100/month meal allowance, access to management, flexibility, freedom to develop what I thought was necessary, my manager was not the micro-management type but was available when I needed him to be

Cons

Advancement was slow, upper management was short-sighted, far too political for my taste, SharePoint was brought in and in-house application development was outsourced

Advice to Management

Abandon SharePoint and keep development in-house. You had a lot of talented managers and developers but many have been eliminated due to "position elimination". I have kept in touch with many former co-workers and find that a considerable number of the best people have moved on or are looking to. You need to stop looking at the bottom line and get back the way things were in 2006 thru 2008.