Vonage

www.vonage.com

The worst job I ever had!!!!!!! Stay away

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Holmdel, NJ
Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I am really trying to list something here but it's not coming easy. My colleagues where nice and the events where fun. "Free" lunches (but you it counted as pay at the end of the year. I would have rather had the money and packed lunch). There was really nothing that would be consider a Pro. Wait working at Vonage made me realize how bad a job can be and helped me appreciate my present and past jobs a lot more.

Cons

Vonage is consistent in their method of business. They lie to their customers, employees, and share holders. It is a very poor attempt at running a business. Silverline or who ever gave them that loan in November of 08'. Should be a poster child for our failing finical system. The CEO of Vonage is a crook and he molded Vonage in his image. Check the BBB to and look at the number of complaints. It is a fly by night company that has been in a nose dive longer than anyone could have ever expected. Bitter very much so but I am speaking the truth. Would rather flip burgers then work for Vonage (seriously).

Look for new management.

Other reviews for Vonage

Get in, get paid, get out. Unless you have skin like a dinosaur.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I was present for the Tech Support departments pay increase as well as bonus implementation. The money was great for a basically entry type position.

Cons

It's a call center under a constant barrage of calls in the que due to inept overseas Tier I support and soul-less sale/marketing campaign that pushed the product down people's throats. People who have no knowledge of current technologies, home networking, and bandwidth. 60-70% of Tier II calls were from people who weren't necessarily naive toward VoIP technology, but were lied to by Sales about their current internet provider being compatible with VoIP.

Most of the Tier II Tech supervisors were former CUSTOMER CARE AGENTS. Good luck...

A slowly sinking ship is what you get when you promote the unintelligent.

Opportunity to make a big impact but make sure you probe on senior leadership depth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

For people working on the business side, Vonage is still a relatively small place, where if you're smart and motivated, you can make a huge impact. There's relatively little bureaucracy to cut through if you have some good ideas.

Cons

Company has run into a lot of bad luck, which has driven down morale. The location in Holmdel, NJ makes it hard to recruit and retain top young talent. The CEO is brilliant but still needs to learn how to delegate and empower others. While the new Holmdel facility is nice, the company seems to skimp a bit on vacation benefits.

Focus on recruiting and empowering the best talent. Create an environment which is a true meritocracy of ideas. Don't skimp on compensation and benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Vonage.

Worked for Vonage? Contribute to the Community!