Vonage

www.vonage.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Vonage

Not highly recommended for job advancement

Current Employee - Supervisor in Holmdel, NJ
Current Employee - Supervisor in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Vonage

Pros

You can easily move to different positions LATERALLY, but do not expect to make major advancements upward.

Cons

Lack of direction, if you are looking to advance dont expect to climb the ladder here. Also, once you have been setup with a salary, you are stuck with it to the end. They do not do raises based on performances, and bonuses are scaled low. Vonage also does not have much in terms of self developing yourself, poor onsite training.

Take a look at what you have on hand. Employees who year in and out receive great reviews are not properly rewarded. Those who are there for the company, not the money - dont receive the recognition they should receive.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Vonage (View Most Recent)

Run and don't look back ...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage

Pros

I did get a paycheck and was able to eat and keep a roof over my head at the same time. I was very glad to have a job in these economic times.

Cons

Vonage is just a very bad environment to work within, PERIOD. The company breeds negativity and complacency. There is no professional track for growth. Management doesn't know up from down. Agents are the backbone of the business, but they ALWAYS get the short end of the stick. Not a good place to work, even on a part-time basis.

The people hired with authority to make change, should also have a double dose of integrity.

The worst job I ever had!!!!!!! Stay away

Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage

Pros

I am really trying to list something here but it's not coming easy. My colleagues where nice and the events where fun. "Free" lunches (but you it counted as pay at the end of the year. I would have rather had the money and packed lunch). There was really nothing that would be consider a Pro. Wait working at Vonage made me realize how bad a job can be and helped me appreciate my present and past jobs a lot more.

Cons

Vonage is consistent in their method of business. They lie to their customers, employees, and share holders. It is a very poor attempt at running a business. Silverline or who ever gave them that loan in November of 08'. Should be a poster child for our failing finical system. The CEO of Vonage is a crook and he molded Vonage in his image. Check the BBB to and look at the number of complaints. It is a fly by night company that has been in a nose dive longer than anyone could have ever expected. Bitter very much so but I am speaking the truth. Would rather flip burgers then work for Vonage (seriously).

Look for new management.