Vovici

www.vovici.com

Long hours, no raises in years, a CEO and VPs who feather their nests at the expense of the employees... what a company!

Manager (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsVovici has some of the hardest-working and brightest employees (at the Director level and below) I've ever had the pleasure to work with. They are the ONLY reason I keep coming to the gulag--if only someone would listen to them once in a while and perhaps not treat them like indentured servants.

ConsWhere to begin?

* There haven't been raises in years now, and this year performance reviews stopped being given because "when people get good reviews they expect to get raises" (this is a verbatim quote from a senior manager). And yet, there was plenty of money to buy a $50,000 outdoor sign for the new building we moved into just off the Dulles Toll Road.

* Speaking of the new building: In April 2011 Vovici moved into a new headquarters building in Herndon, ostensibly to save money on rent. Besides the $50,000 ego vanity exercise that adorns our new home, the vice-presidents and CEO also received nicer window offices than they had at the old building. The employees, meanwhile, were herded into a pair of grim cubicle farms that are encircled by the cozy VP quarters. Privacy and noise, which were already a problem at the old building, are much worse now, and employee morale has sunk to rock-bottom.

* Vovici has completely lost its way. The CEO speaks in platitudes about things like teamwork and community service without following through, and the product management team has completely lost sight of where the competition is going. Vovici was an industry leader three years ago--no more. Senior management keeps their clueless friends employed while worker bees with ideas and vision for the company are ignored or fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is addressed to the Board of Directors: Fire the CEO and the entire current management team (with the exception of the new CTO and the support VP, the only two veeps with any insight) and install leadership that actually has a defined vision for the future success of the company. Take care of your employees before it's too late, because your best and brightest are already planning their exits.

unrealistic expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dulles, VA

I worked at Vovici

Pros: great peers, good customer install base Cons: no flexibility, expected to work 24/7 Advice to Senior Management: allow employees to have better work life balance No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Strong Growth Company with Huge Upside

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

I have been working at Vovici

Pros: Vovici is a growing company with a strong management team and good direction. Exciting new product, lots of focus… Cons: If you need a lot of direction day-to-day, this may not be… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the momentum from 2010 with new product and new… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vovici.

Worked for Vovici? Contribute to the Community!