There are newer employer reviews for Vungle

They'll dangle the carrot in front of you, until you are no longer needed...

Former Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vungle as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- Zain is great guy to work for and an impressive leader
- Very talented engineering team
- Innovative technology
- HR team does a great job
- Great office location with a lot of good food nearby
- Great people to work with! I made a lot of great friends and was very sad to leave such amazing co-workers
- Lunch on Tues/Thursday was good
- Receptionist is always willing to help you with anything you need
- Fun work events
- Dog friendly (sort-of)

Cons

- If you are a contract hire beware. I put in an extra 8-10 hours unpaid every week, prospected for new clients on the weekends, went to work events after hours, played dodgeball, heck even grew a mustache just to show how dedicated to the company and they did not have the decency or respect to give me at least a few days notice before firing me.

- Management wanted you to believe that Vungle is a "relaxed" environment and as long as you get your work done, you could play ping pong and shoot nerf guns. Be warned... My manager, when letting me go, stated that I played too much ping pong during my time at Vungle. What he failed to notice was that instead of taking hour long lunch breaks or playing games on my phone, I played a couple games of ping pong a day (some of which were his invitations to play!!), which leads to the next con....

- Lack of visibility with management~ My manager was gone every other week. As a result, I think he relied too heavily on peer reviews as a way to assess my performance at the company, not fully realizing what I was doing on a daily basis. I was blown away by his comments he made on my last day, as he made it seem like all I did during my time at Vungle was tend to my dog and play ping-pong. I have never been so offended in my professional career and expected so much more from a company that preaches respect and culture so adamantly.

- Team meetings can be very difficult. People will cut off one another and finish one another's sentences left and right. Management seemed to have no control over the group communication dynamics and meetings quickly became free-for-alls. If you are a good listener and a respectful communicator you may never get a word in and therefore be looked at as a "non-contributor" by your manager.

- Set clearer goals for your employees with hard deadlines
- Don't deceive employees
- Manage

17 Other Employee Reviews for Vungle (View Most Recent)

Building a great company while having fun with amazing people!

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Vungle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people! We are constantly having fun with each other whether working, playing, or drinking together. The leadership absolutely insists on a healthy, positive culture that encourages individuality, cooperation, innovation, and initiative. I am excited and energized to come to work every day to see what is possible with my coworkers!

I often tell my friends that the people at Vungle could be doing anything together - building houses, running a dog walking service, building a tech company - it wouldn't matter and I'm sure it'd be fun no matter what we were doing together.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Keep the great culture going!

Best place to work and amazing people

I have been working at Vungle

Pros

- Great people
    - Management listens and allows everyone to collaborate
    - Exciting and challenging work
    - Great benefits: health care, vacation, food, gym, company outings
    - A lot of growth and learning potential

Cons

I've been thinking about this for a while and haven't been able to find anything. No cons as of yet.

Keep doing what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Vungle