W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

There are newer employer reviews for W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the leading mortgage companies in the nation. Great work envrinoment, great people, competitive salaries, and a growing company. Lots of career opportunities for those individuals looking for a career in mortgages.

Cons

Not a lot of people know who WJB is or what we do but as we continue to grow and add market share, our name is getting out there!

Keep doing what you're doing and keep hiring quality employees!

70 Other Employee Reviews for W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital (View Most Recent)

This company will succeed in spite of itself...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, Technology-based, boutique-sized, centralized operations, seasoned operations team, direct agency lender, advanced marketing portal technology, energy-efficient lender, solar-power seller

Cons

Sales drives the bus, management on short leash with branch sales, company does not respect its own HR/Performance Improvement policies, no visible company-supported incentive programs, not well-experienced with 'wet' mortgage closings, questionable compensation practices, under-valued training department

Pick a plan and stick to it! Don't sell out profitability for notoriety.

Find a real company to work at... not this blast from the past.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Sandy, UT

I have been working at W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and bonuses, if you are smart enough - you can get better bonuses for doing less work.

Cons

Management is clueless, "too many cooks in the kitchen", no room for growth, terrible benefits (I actually think it costs a lot more for benefits here than if you found a benefits provider outside of the company), no 401k match, not family friendly at all. There are so many better places to work, don't get involved in this nightmare. I'm on my way out now.

They promised new branches 8-16 hour turn times, within 2 months they were at 80+ turntimes and trying to move loans around the queue to keep branches thinking their turntimes were low.

They allow you to cherry pick the good loans(they dont actually tell you to, but they ignore if you do and the technology is so far behind they can't stop you)... you just have to play the game. So if you are smart, you can grab all of the easy loans and have some cakewalk bonuses. If you do less during the week, you can make more on the weekends because they will get even more behind... sad but true.

The company is still using paper, when almost every other mortgage company is paperless... it's almost like you fell asleep and woke up in 1998... that's how far behind this company is in terms of technology and the process.

Stop hiring inexperienced people and playing favorites all the time. No one likes the management here, except the management themselves. If you could be a fly on the wall in this place, wow.

There are newer employer reviews for W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital