W.L. Gore
www.gore.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

I am proud of the products we make and the incredible energy and commitment that my fellow associates put into them.

Corporate Services (Current Employee)
Newark, DE

I have been working at W.L. Gore

ProsIf you are up for the challenge, opportunities for growth are always there. Cool science abounds in the products that Gore makes. Freedom and flexibility make working at Gore more rewarding. Fellow associates quickly become your best friends. Leadership associates really do try to be fair with their teams and maintain a great working environment.

ConsIf you have to be told what to do everyday, then this isn't the company for you. If you aren't comfortable with speaking up and expressing thoughts and opinions, then this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get out and walk around the building to find out what associates are working on. Leadership meetings can easily consume one's schedule and leave no time for it. Most associates love to talk about what they are doing and why it matters to the enterprise.

Excellent company for those who like personal freedom

Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore

Pros: People treat you and each other respectfully Wide range of freedom to choose commitments and work in areas of interest You… Cons: You need to feel comfortable with ambiguity in your commitment area Some projects don't work out and you have to be willing… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the culture alive by resisting the pressure to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The ideology of Gore culture is great, but a great sham as it becomes a shield for lowest level of office politics.

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore

Pros: You can have freedom to choose your projects to a… Cons: You have to be a great propaganda artist to succeed, no matter how good you do your job. you… Advice to Senior Management: Practice fairness or the high turnover will destroy the once… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on W.L. Gore.

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.L. Gore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for W.L. Gore CEO Terri Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by W.L. Gore employees.