There are newer employer reviews for W.L. Gore

I am proud of the products we make and the incredible energy and commitment that my fellow associates put into them.

Current Employee - Corporate Services  in  Newark, DE
Current Employee - Corporate Services in Newark, DE

I have been working at W.L. Gore

Pros

If you are up for the challenge, opportunities for growth are always there. Cool science abounds in the products that Gore makes. Freedom and flexibility make working at Gore more rewarding. Fellow associates quickly become your best friends. Leadership associates really do try to be fair with their teams and maintain a great working environment.

Cons

If you have to be told what to do everyday, then this isn't the company for you. If you aren't comfortable with speaking up and expressing thoughts and opinions, then this isn't the company for you.

Continue to get out and walk around the building to find out what associates are working on. Leadership meetings can easily consume one's schedule and leave no time for it. Most associates love to talk about what they are doing and why it matters to the enterprise.

222 Other Employee Reviews for W.L. Gore (View Most Recent)

Excellent company for those who like personal freedom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elkton, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore

Pros

People treat you and each other respectfully
    Wide range of freedom to choose commitments and work in areas of interest
    You are trusted and allowed to make mistakes
    Creativity and innovation are valued
    Others willingly help you
    Long term view of people, products, markets

Cons

You need to feel comfortable with ambiguity in your commitment area
    Some projects don't work out and you have to be willing to pick up new ones
    Not the kind of place where everyone conforms and does it the same way; each plant is different

Keep the culture alive by resisting the pressure to be just like other companies

Unpleasant experience.

Former Employee - Clinical Study Manager  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinical Study Manager in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at W.L. Gore

Pros

They did offer me more money than I was previously making. But my previous salary was below industry standards.

Cons

I do not recommend working for this company. The "culture" is dysfunctional and oppressive. There is no way to move up and they don't give raises after your first year. The other "associates" score you and this causes a lot of intimidation. They don't have training and I didn't learn much I could take with me to the next place.
    Comments on Flagstaff: It is a place to go on vacation. There are no other places to work if you quit.

Spend the $ you pay relocating people on hiring competent leadership instead. This way everyone's time isn't wasted and your turnover will be less.

There are newer employer reviews for W.L. Gore

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!