W.L. Gore

www.gore.com

I am proud of the products we make and the incredible energy and commitment that my fellow associates put into them.

Corporate Services (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsIf you are up for the challenge, opportunities for growth are always there. Cool science abounds in the products that Gore makes. Freedom and flexibility make working at Gore more rewarding. Fellow associates quickly become your best friends. Leadership associates really do try to be fair with their teams and maintain a great working environment.

ConsIf you have to be told what to do everyday, then this isn't the company for you. If you aren't comfortable with speaking up and expressing thoughts and opinions, then this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get out and walk around the building to find out what associates are working on. Leadership meetings can easily consume one's schedule and leave no time for it. Most associates love to talk about what they are doing and why it matters to the enterprise.

Unpleasant experience.

Clinical Study Manager (Former Employee) Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at W.L. Gore

Pros: They did offer me more money than I was previously… Cons: I do not recommend working for this company. The "culture" is dysfunctional and oppressive. There is no way to move up and they don't… Advice to Senior Management: Spend the $ you pay relocating people on hiring competent leadership instead.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Limited Career Path but good work-life balance

Product Specialist (Current Employee) Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore

Pros: Gore has excellent benefits and an ASOP plan (Associate Stock Plan). All Associates (employees) are given company stock (a fixed percent of your… Cons: Salaries and raises are poor. Despite record setting profitability, only a very small percentage of people get raises. If you are an experienced… Advice to Senior Management: ELT depends too much on the Divisional Leadership Teams for information (like a hierarchy). They need to reach deeper and around the hierarchy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on W.L. Gore.

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!