W.L. Gore
www.gore.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

Great company for a long career

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)
Elkton, MD

ProsWonderful company culture that engages you and lets you contribute your best. Enterprise has a strong technology base and leverages for long term results.

ConsNot a great place for the individual that needs a lot of direction unless directly involved in making the products. There is a great diversity of management styles throughout the organization and that can be difficult to navigate for some.

Highly dysfunctional organization!

Associate (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at W.L. Gore full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful new campus in Phoenix, lots of free food, and some associates have a lot of… Cons: Where do I even start? This is a horrible, ugly organization. It's the most political place I've ever worked, with people constantly jockeying… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Stop being such hypocrites and start calling yourself management. You are bosses as much as you deny it. And most of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not What it Used to Be

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Elkton, MD

I have been working at W.L. Gore full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work Life Balance is good and the benefits are competitive.… Cons: Culture is not the same, seems more like "no child left behind", where everything slows down to meet the intellectual abilities of the least capable,… Advice to Senior Management: Culture is out of date and practiced poorly, Gore used to be a hardcore engineering environment, now it is soft, too soft for rapid development.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on W.L. Gore.

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.L. Gore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for W.L. Gore CEO Terri Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by W.L. Gore employees.