W. P. Carey

www.wpcarey.com

Good for Students

Student Worker (Current Employee)

Pros- As a student, they were very flexible for letting you do school work when your tasks were complete & letting you have the day off for tests. It was very evident 'school comes first'
- Learn basic time management and customer service skills
- Opportunity to lead a team

Cons- Our customers were the students. Majority of the workers could care less about them and their concerns. They were always an 'inconvenience'.
- No accountability. People could slack off, and there was no repercussions.
- Not an open environment. You are encouraged to keep things to yourself and maintain a positive attitude at all times. This is not very useful when you're trying to address problems.
- Hiring/salary freeze hasn't helped anyone
- Not much room to grow. It was more of lateral moves to other schools (liberal arts).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the students and help grow the student workers. Fire the workers who do not perform at a basic standard. Give raises when you say you will.

Potential for Change

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at W. P. Carey full-time for less than a year

Pros: New CFO with great leadership and vision for change. Cons: Old boys club enviornment will take time for real changes… Advice to Senior Management: Seek advice of employees, both new and old to understand the issues… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company is going downhill. Still performing well but employees are demotivated and unhappy.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at W. P. Carey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, work is interesting. Company is a leader in its industry and employees feel proud about… Cons: Management is completely disconnected with the rest of its employees. New management that has been brought in over the last few years is trying… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring all new people and firing those who have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on W. P. Carey.

Worked for W. P. Carey? Contribute to the Community!