W.W. Grainger

www.grainger.com
  www.grainger.com
There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

Solid company pros outweigh the cons

Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Lake Forest, IL
Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at W.W. Grainger

Pros

Great name recognition. Clear sales approach when handling Government customers. Well engrained within the business. Great profit sharing plans and health benefits.

Cons

Sales support is an issue. The new compensation plan is very confusing (purposely maybe?) I have noticed that the compensation plans are better elsewhere.

592 Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger (View Most Recent)

Too many cliques

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at W.W. Grainger

Pros

Granger has great people, terrific benefits, a beautiful office (if you are at the corporate office), great training programs, and a good work/balance

Cons

I enjoyed working at the Grainger office but there were so many cliques. I felt forced to try to make and build relationships with people I didn't want to. To some, this would be ok, but it's really all about who you know which was a terrible fit for me. I ran for the hills!

A solid company if you work in Lake Forest at Headquarters. If you are inside sales, forget about it.

Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at W.W. Grainger

Pros

Benefits package and profit sharing are great, except they make you work for a full 6 years before you're fully vested with the PSP. Culture is fine, business casual dress code and jeans can be worn on Fridays.

Cons

Inside sales at Grainger is utterly ignored by the company as a whole. Very few ARMs claw their way out of inside sales, and when interviewing for other positions at Grainger ARMs are usually told they lack the experience required. Management turnover is HUGE, I had seven (7!) managers in less than four years. Also yearly raises are a joke, the top performers last year received a 2% raise, which equates to less than $1,000. Laughable.

Get rid of the inside sales program altogether, because nobody believes that part of the organization has the support of executives in Lake Forest.

There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger