W.W. Grainger

www.grainger.com

Best company and best people I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Leadership at all levels truly care about their employees, and they do a great job of selecting the best people to work here. Compensation is more than fair, advancement opportunities for those who prepare and position themselves for it are definitely there. The ARM team and its leaders are truly a pleasure to know and work with. I would put them up against any team anywhere. I love Grainger. I am very loyal to this company and I'll stay there as long as they let me. If you're considering a career with Grainger and the job you are thinking about is really a good fit for you, my advice is to take it.

Cons

This is both a plus and a minus - Grainger is preparing to win the next battle, not the last one, and its sales coverage model is changing. My position will go away sometime soon. But it is decisions like that that make the company stronger and support for the value of spectacular retirement benefits and my stocks. Even this has been handled in the graceful way I would expect from Grainger. Exceptionally generous benefits and assistance for everyone impacted by this change, and nobody could ever make them do it. They are doing more than any company I have ever heard of. Ninety percent of my colleagues want to stay with Grainger - what does that tell you?

After experiencing Grainger management, I wish I had started with Grainger years ago. I have always had the feedback, the tools, the opportunities to get better at what I do, and that is the most important thing I can say about Grainger management.

Other reviews for W.W. Grainger

Decent but not paid appropriately for performance.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, SC

Pros

Profit share is a good benefit.

Cons

People can grow sales 30% and make less than thos who grow sales 10%.

Pay for performance

Working DIRECTLY for Grainger would have been great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Company is very innovative and rewards their employees with so much praise and recognition.

Cons

My location was being merged into WW Grainger, and we kind of got the short end of the stick. I wish my position would have survived the merge, being 100% Grainger would have been great!

Keep it up, I will miss being a part of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger.

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!