W.W. Grainger
www.grainger.com Lake Forest, IL 5000+ Employees

Good Company to work for.

Government Account Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProfit Sharing has been great over the years. Company has a good since of direction with go to market plans. Many good individuals to work with throughout the organization.

ConsHard to advance in career within the company. Tender does not matter any longer within the company; as it did 10 years ago. Hiring more outside of the organization instead of promoting within.

Advice to Senior ManagementPormote within more.

Management needs work

Marketing Writer (Current Employee)
Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at W.W. Grainger as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits, cafeteria. People with kids can come in late/leave early. Cons: Management does not mentor nor support team members. It's all for one and one… Advice to Senior Management: Marketing management needs a complete overhaul. The lack of a line of sight to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Forget advancement, this is a paycheck for newly grads

Credit and Collections (Current Employee)
Niles, IL

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good benefits, salary ok , profit sharing Cons: Supervisors are in only for what they can get for themselves, they don't care about anyone else. They tend to favor those who had… Advice to Senior Management: Too many layers of managment are useless and give zero visibility to the valuable people that does the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on W.W. Grainger.

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.W. Grainger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for W.W. Grainger CEO Jim Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by W.W. Grainger employees.