W.W. Grainger

www.grainger.com

Warehouse Employee

Inbound Receiver (Former Employee) Niles, IL

ProsThe pay and the benifits were great. There was lots of parking and the locker area was well kept.
There was a rec room and health and fitness area in the building.
They also offer 100% college reinbursment if you wish to continue your education in an area of the business in order to help the company needs.

ConsIt started off great in the beginning, but when the merges with the other warehouse begun it went south. When I was first employed there it was only two shifts from 7am to 3:30pm. And from 3:00pm to 11pm.
Now they split them into three shifts. 10am to 7pm, 6pm to 1am, and 9pm to 6am.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be on top of the people that are your supervisors, managers and lead personel, because they are the one's who dictate the business climate there, and not the regular employees.
Because there has been issues of racism, sexism even classism. Due to the people at the top of the ladder at that company....

You " Management" have to get a handle on that in order to survive as a company. Since I've left I herd that management is catching many of the bad apples and are taking action against them. So I believe that's a good thing...

TSR South Houston

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time for less than a year

Pros: This company is incredible. The benefits, the people, the training, the career opportunities are all beyond any company I've ever looked at on this site.… Cons: Lots of on the road driving required. Not a lot of interaction face-to-face with other people from your company Requires great time-management skill Pressure to make your… Advice to Senior Management: Be realistic about goals and about a TSRs CSG. Consider that TSRs in different cities/states should make pay based on their market in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall, a great company that treats employees well

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lake Forest, IL

I worked at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Benefits: - Company car and iPhone for outside sales reps, gas included - Good compensation, uncapped commission - Profit sharing - medical/dental coverage - 2-3 weeks vacation/yr - Training is… Cons: Company treats you well so the expectation is that you work for it, not really a con but found myself working long hours -Sales: company cars… Advice to Senior Management: Re-evaluate pricing structure! Competition is catching up to the services offered while keeping their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on W.W. Grainger.

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!