There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

needs a better pay scale

reviews filtered by
  1. Warehouse Employee

Former Employee - Inbound Receiver in Niles, IL
    Former Employee - Inbound Receiver in Niles, IL

I worked at W.W. Grainger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and the benifits were great. There was lots of parking and the locker area was well kept.
    There was a rec room and health and fitness area in the building.
    They also offer 100% college reinbursment if you wish to continue your education in an area of the business in order to help the company needs.

Cons

It started off great in the beginning, but when the merges with the other warehouse begun it went south. When I was first employed there it was only two shifts from 7am to 3:30pm. And from 3:00pm to 11pm.
    Now they split them into three shifts. 10am to 7pm, 6pm to 1am, and 9pm to 6am.

You need to be on top of the people that are your supervisors, managers and lead personel, because they are the one's who dictate the business climate there, and not the regular employees.
    Because there has been issues of racism, sexism even classism. Due to the people at the top of the ladder at that company....

You " Management" have to get a handle on that in order to survive as a company. Since I've left I herd that management is catching many of the bad apples and are taking action against them. So I believe that's a good thing...

TSR South Houston

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is incredible. The benefits, the people, the training, the career opportunities are all beyond any company I've ever looked at on this site. I absolutely love the path I'm on as a Territory Sales Representatitive and will eventually become an Account Manager and keep moving up. Grainger CARES about their employees and if you work smart and hard, you'll go far.

Profit-sharing after 2 years!
    Medical/dental/vision & more benefits! They give you a company car/gas/insurance/tolls/etc for FREE to use for your personal use too!
    Base+uncapped commission pay
    Travel to Orlando, FL for EVERYONE EVERY YEAR for a team-building sales event.
    Great entry-level sales job
    Balance between your work and personal life is AMAZING compared to other jobs
    Amazing atmosphere!

Cons

Lots of on the road driving required.
    Not a lot of interaction face-to-face with other people from your company
    Requires great time-management skill
    Pressure to make your goal every month which could be tough depending on your territory
    Rejection from customers who do not want to see you when you visit
    Commission check doesn't arrive until the last paycheck of the following month.
    Paychecks delivered bi-weekly instead of weekly.

Be realistic about goals and about a TSRs CSG. Consider that TSRs in different cities/states should make pay based on their market in that part of the country. Someone in CA should make more than someone in TX because of the cost of living for example.

There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger