There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

needs a better pay scale

530 Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger (View Most Recent)

Great company heading in the wrong direction!

Current Employee - Manager of Territory Sales
    Current Employee - Manager of Territory Sales

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product breadth and depth, good service to customers, great next day availability, changing to keep up with the market.

Cons

Poor communication with change causing uncertainty in the sales force. Managers not able to performance manage without worry of retaliation from direct reports. Too many managers "chose to leave the company" after performance managing.

Trust your sales managers and let them lead. Stand by them when they performance manage and make decisions. By not doing so, you're creating a culture of allowing mediocre sellers and sales leaders unable to do anything about it.

Warehouse Employee

Former Employee - Inbound Receiver  in  Niles, IL
    Former Employee - Inbound Receiver in Niles, IL

I worked at W.W. Grainger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay and the benifits were great. There was lots of parking and the locker area was well kept.
    There was a rec room and health and fitness area in the building.
    They also offer 100% college reinbursment if you wish to continue your education in an area of the business in order to help the company needs.

Cons

It started off great in the beginning, but when the merges with the other warehouse begun it went south. When I was first employed there it was only two shifts from 7am to 3:30pm. And from 3:00pm to 11pm.
    Now they split them into three shifts. 10am to 7pm, 6pm to 1am, and 9pm to 6am.

You need to be on top of the people that are your supervisors, managers and lead personel, because they are the one's who dictate the business climate there, and not the regular employees.
    Because there has been issues of racism, sexism even classism. Due to the people at the top of the ladder at that company....

You " Management" have to get a handle on that in order to survive as a company. Since I've left I herd that management is catching many of the bad apples and are taking action against them. So I believe that's a good thing...

There are newer employer reviews for W.W. Grainger

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!