Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay/benefits were good/better than industry standards Co-workers were great people to work with Training - Dimensions of Professional Selling sales course was an awesome course and very useful in the field

Cons

You'd better be 'up' on your political connections within the company -or- be a lucky/superstar salesperson. If not, with a change in District Sales Mgr will come a housecleaning. The 'good ol boys' network is unbelievably alive and well at Grainger. I learned too late that its more important to cultivate internal political connections than to actually do my job.

Other Employee Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Extreme Politics

Current Employee - Process Manager in Patterson, CA
    Current Employee - Process Manager in Patterson, CA

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good work life balance and excellent retirement

Cons

Ugly politics which makes for an environment that feels like your interviewing everyday.

Advice to Management

More standardization across facilities and team. In my opinion this would reduce silo's and could also help reduce politics that is hurting creativity.

Good place to work if you don't mind being undermined, no room for promotion unless your "special one"

Current Employee - Inbound Associate in Roanoke, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Associate in Roanoke, TX

I have been working at W.W. Grainger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good profit sharing program, insurance is good

Cons

pay is nowhere near what it should be for what they want, everything is driven by numbers on productivity evaluation process is a crap shoot, people are given 'MVP" awards for not meeting production, doing as little as possible, while those of us that bust our butts night in and night out get an atta boy. Process Managers don't have a clue how to do or even evaluate our jobs

Advice to Management

Bring in people that care about the employee, that can relate to the employee, or better yet promote from within the working ranks instead of the "future leaders program"