WBB Consulting

www.wbbinc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for WBB Consulting

Great company to work for

I have been working at WBB Consulting

Pros

Higher pay compared to competitors

Cons

Main focus of business of DoD is dropping.

24 Other Employee Reviews for WBB Consulting (View Most Recent)

Large Enough to Make an Impact Yet Still Very Nimble

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WBB is a growing company making a strategy change of turning into a Prime. They/we have been transitioning for the past couple of years. This gives the employees an opportunity to work on a range of opportunities in different sectors and also allowing the ability to learn the full life cycle of managing government contracts. ( I used to work in AF now DHS). Teams have an outstanding work ethic. WBB has incredible client delivery emphasizing a quality, customer-centric output. .

Cons

As with any consulting firm, benefits are deteriorating but I have found that to be the case through out the market.

Great workers, poor company

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people at the "Client Partner" level and below are generally fantastic. They have a passion for their work. They want to see their projects succeed, despite the bureaucracy of the federal clients. The teams can build their own culture, which is good when you have a high performing team.
    Ability to focus on client work without worrying about looming corporate responsibilities (i.e. BD, recruiting, etc).
    Opportunitites for training and certifications

Cons

The company is very top-heavy. Too many Vice Presidents and people at that level who are sucking up the revenue generated by the client-site producers. Very focused on DoD side of the house, with little regard for the Homeland Security and other federal sectors, despite a merger that brought a huge DHS contract to the table.
    WBB was acquired by an investment capital firm in 2011/12, which has definitely shifted focus to the "bottom line." The company is focused on meeting its quarterly goals rather than on the health and wellbeing of its employees. Example: in 2014, the company slashed vacation (Paid Time Off) by 25% in August, leaving many employees unable to take leave in the latter part of the year (even for medical reasons).
    Raises and bonuses are scarce. Even "Top Performers" see only a 1-2% pay increase.
    Company has selected to offer sub-par insurance options to employees in order to cut costs.

Care more about your employees and those working "in the field." Recognition should be coming from higher up than the Client Partners. Take into account long term investments in individuals and projects rather than committing "knee jerk" reactions that will cost the company good employees. If an employee is disgruntled with the consulting firm, it will reflect in the employee's performance at the client site. The clients notice and continued work is placed in jeopardy.
    I had a great former-colleague approach me about opportunities at WBB and I waved her off. I told her I liked her too much to have her languish at WBB.

There are newer employer reviews for WBB Consulting