WCG

www.wcgworld.com
  www.wcgworld.com
There are newer employer reviews for WCG

There are some organizational issues but if you take initiative you can be successful

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at WCG

Pros

Opportunity to learn and experience things outside of your traditional job title if you want
Flexibilty to work from home or remotely when necessary

Cons

Because you can work remotely, you're expected to be reachable. You have to set boundaries to protect your work/life balance.
Organization is influx. Still working out some growing pains.

Appreciate the communication but it gets confusing when strategy/processes seem to be changing every couple of months

55 Other Employee Reviews for WCG (View Most Recent)

Working at WCG....

I have been working at WCG

Pros

good work-life balance for family needs regarding time-off. relaxed work environment. very casual dress code. liberal policy about lunch hour/breaks. no micro management. snacks and drinks provided for free.

Cons

very bad IT infrastructure, horrible unpaid parking, cowboy approach to solving many problems instead of tackling them in a more controlled approach along with the proper finances.

Fix the global corporate IT infrastructure so the company can become more efficient as a whole and increase productivity across the board. Pay for parking :P And, finally, make the hard decisions about how to get a job done the "right way" with the appropriate finances. Executive management need to be on the same page about where dollars are going for solving problems and the future growth of the company.

Group Director

Current Employee - Group Director
    Current Employee - Group Director

I have been working at WCG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really smart people that are actually cool and fun, lots of good accounts to work on and lots of opportunity - if you take advantage of it. It is also a pretty flexible environment - no one really cares where you work from, what hours you work, etc. as long as your clients are happy, your teams are happy and you "make it happen"

Cons

Sometimes work-life balance can be hard, but after a few years you learn how to manage that. Also, I get that it sometimes can be a crazy environment, and if you need a lot of structure this place probably isn't for you - but in my eyes, the lack of structure that other people reference in their reviews leads to innovation and opportunity (think entrepreneurship). For people like me that happen to thrive in ambiguity and change (and find it exciting) you will excel in an environment like WCG/W2O (or whatever we are called this week- this is where the ambiguity part comes in). I do think when you come in as a new employee, we pay above the industry standard, but after you have been here a while, I'm not sure the pay is as competitive as raises can sometimes be lackluster. I know peers that have left to go to other agencies and are now making 20-30% more than I do, which kind of sucks.

There are newer employer reviews for WCG