WCG

www.wcgworld.com
  www.wcgworld.com
There are newer employer reviews for WCG

The worst experience of my life.

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at WCG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Close to the water. Makes suicide easier

Cons

Management on a weird power trip. If you are willing to say yes to people in leadership who have no expertise in your field you are golden. Try to make any kind of positive change, or innovate you are sunk. Watch your back because eventually you will become a target. It's straight up Children of the Corn - noone makes it to 5 years! They have a strategy to eliminate people and refresh with recruits that havent been jaded and are fresh off the boat.If you want to maintain your sanity stay away!

Stop drinking your own kool-aid and actually listen to the talent - they know more than you.

WCG Response

Jan 13, 2014Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with management. As an agency that values an innovative and transparent culture, we encourage our staff to openly ... More

55 Other Employee Reviews for WCG (View Most Recent)

Immature leadership

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at WCG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people who do the actual client work are top-notch. It's a pleasure working here because of the colleagues you get to work with. We watch each other's backs and pitch in on the tough assignments. Lots of good synergy.

Five-week paid sabbatical after five years.

Cons

Senior managers say they want honesty and openness, but the people who are honest with their concerns about the agency get punished (or even let go in some instances). We observe this happen to others and act accordingly, keeping our heads down, telling leaders what we think they want to hear.

Leadership (both W2O and WCG) seem to think that annual double-digit growth is a requirement of doing business, so they freak out when the numbers don't meet that expectation, and lay people off willy-nilly - the very people they cajoled into coming on board.

By they way, WCG's on-boarding process sucks. But don't tell them that. You'll get scolded.

Few people make it to five years to reap the benefit of that five-week sabbatical.

Grow up. Business has its ups and downs. Get used to it. Let people do their jobs and get out of the way. Accept the downs and clients losses as you do the big wins and growth when those happen. It's part of being in business.

WCG Response

Jan 2, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues- we agree with your statement that relationships here focus on team work to deliver best practices for ... More

Nice people to work with/ for

I worked at WCG as an intern

Pros

Nice kitchen/ work space/ convenient location

Cons

Less paid/ only hire people with referral

There are newer employer reviews for WCG