A once lucrative company waiting to go completely bust.

Former Employee - Network Administrator  in  Bonita Springs, FL
Former Employee - Network Administrator in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at WCI Communities

Pros

WCI communities owns several golf courses in the state of Florida and offers a great discount on some world-class golf courses. The IT departmen there is full of very talented and highly competent people whom are well respected in the IT community. The management within the IT department is very business savy and contains some very successful executives that come from Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Since the downturn on the housing market this company has gone from a $33 stock to a $1 stock, which has left it with no money to spend on its employees, no raises (making inflation and cost of living all that much more ruthless), major cutbacks in all areas and departments, and has also led to several rounds of lay-offs (to which management denied mere days before doing so creating a very dishonest workplace). I feel that this is now a company that will soon go bankrupt due to the short sightedness of Senior Management and their frivoless ways. Not the insight one would hope for in those leading their workplace.

Do what is best for the employees and those that have been loyal to the organization, this is not a time to focus on the name and reputation of WCI. The name of WCI once was that of valor and first-class, it has now turned to that of law suits and poor product quality under the leadership of Jerry Starkey. If you take care of the employees, people will remember and respect the organization more for that.