There are newer employer reviews for WCIRB

Good for an entry-level college grad!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at WCIRB full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work experience for an entry-level college graduate in the insurance industry. Depending on the department, fair job security if your able to adapt quickly.

Cons

Salaries are below industry standards. Limited room for advancement

Advice to Management

Be creative to increase worker morale do to low wages

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good work / life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at WCIRB

Pros

Great new offices - very modern and open atmosphere
    The vibe is good relaxed management style - focused on modernizing systems and new delivery channels. Technology has made good progress. But despite being primarily a data services company - it's not on the leading edge. Some interesting IT projects around a new Analytic Portal and some good dot.net engineering projects.

Cons

There are two populations - new hires are younger, more technical who can but heads with the longer tenured staff (who average around 15 years of service). That said, the company is definitely changing - customer satisfaction is very high for this kind of business

Advice to Management

Don't spend as much energy on non-value added control process, There is a lot of busy work here.

2. We're getting there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at WCIRB full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As odd as it may sound, this company has a big heart. We do have a CEO who comes from the insurance industry and who is driving this company to modernize and put customers first, but he is also compassionate and able to put himself into employee's shoes. It is true that we are trying to change really quickly and that is hard, but we are getting there. The industry - our customers - are incredibly impressed with what they are seeing. That means everyone who works here understands what the CEO is trying to accomplish and, as far as I can tell, agrees with his vision. I think decisions are made with the best interest of the people in mind to the extent that is possible.

Cons

Unquestionably, we are moving fast and it can be really exhausting. We did move to Oakland and for about half of the employees, this is a hardship. We have taken away some benefits that many people here liked. And yes, we have had to lay some people off which is very unfortunate and difficult, but these decisions are not made lightly (the last 7 words are a pro, not a con).

Advice to Management

Some people in leadership roles would benefit by getting to know their people better.