WD-40

www.wd40.com
  www.wd40.com
There are newer employer reviews for WD-40

WD-40 is an ideal supportive, learning environment that promotes team work and expects accountability.

I have been working at WD-40

Pros

WD-40's culture is amazing! It has a small family feel with a global presence. The people are visionaries in their field. Leaders are required to empower and support their teams to ensure success. We have a strong sense of community and are individually responsible for the company's success. It is a pleasure going to work everyday. It is a very respectful, fun and productive environment. Short day Fridays and amazing benefits and profit sharing helps too!

Cons

There are very few cons to working at WD-40. We have a very collegial environment that requires loads of meetings... which is probably a con in the eyes of most people.

13 Other Employee Reviews for WD-40 (View Most Recent)

No Squeaks at WD-40 Company

I have been working at WD-40

Pros

Generally, all employees at all levels are committed towards the Company's success. Most are accountable and hold others to accountability, creating a working environment that fosters more effort and teamwork than many other organizations. Corporate values are clearly articulated and flow down through the Company as its lifeblood, supported fully throughout. A "get-it-done" attitude permeates most business functional areas, adding to the unique atmosphere. There is freedom to communicate with respect for fresh ideas and review. Because of the fairly low staff count (+/- 300 employees globally), traditional hierarchical boundaries are minimized, facilitating action.

That the flagship brand has created its own sub-culture among customers, instantly bringing recognition, is an added bonus.

Cons

In some areas, traditional beliefs seem to overpower modern facts, subverting attempts to create efficiencies where they could be beneficial. Frustration results from a team of incredibly smart and focused people who are unable to accomplish the tasks and projects they see as making real difference.

Our CEO guided us recently to a book titled "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" (Marshall Goldsmith with Mark Reiter), and two concepts presented could be minimized. 1 - Stop "Winning too Much". 2 - Stop "Adding Too Much Value".

Don't Mark My Paper, Help Me Get an A

I have been working at WD-40

Pros

Values are learned and practiced everyday.
    People-oriented company
    Amazing compensation and benefits
    Remarkable employees
    People, Passion, and Product.

Cons

The greatest company does not have Cons.

Aim high, but miss low.