WD-40
www.wd40.com San Diego, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great company, wonderful people, outstanding products

Human Resources (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsI worked there many years, and through the course of it saw many positive changes and adaptations as needed to grow the business. The management personnel were generally people-oriented, and yet always set a high bar for standards of performance. Compensation and benefits package was generous, as was the encouragement to grow and develop.

ConsNew blood is sometimes more valued than company experience, especially during times of evolution/change. Of course, this is not uncommon when trying to overcome sacred cows and institutionalized obstacles.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would encourage them to continue supporting and developing their people and and to be careful not to surround themselves with too many "yes" people - I suppose not very groundbreaking as this is generally good advice to most CEOs.

WD-40 is an ideal supportive, learning environment that promotes team work and expects accountability.

I have been working at WD-40

Pros: WD-40's culture is amazing! It has a small family feel with a global presence. The people are visionaries in their field. Leaders are required… Cons: There are very few cons to working at WD-40. We have a very collegial environment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No Squeaks at WD-40 Company

I have been working at WD-40

Pros: Generally, all employees at all levels are committed towards the Company's success. Most are accountable and hold others to accountability, creating a working environment that… Cons: In some areas, traditional beliefs seem to overpower modern facts, subverting attempts to create efficiencies where they could be beneficial. Frustration results from… Advice to Senior Management: Our CEO guided us recently to a book titled "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" (Marshall Goldsmith with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on WD-40.

Worked for WD-40? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WD-40 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WD-40 CEO Garry O. Ridge. All reviews posted anonymously by WD-40 employees.