WDM Group

www.wdmgroup.com
  www.wdmgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for WDM Group

Not the most honest company...

Former Employee - Research Director in Beverly, MA
Former Employee - Research Director in Beverly, MA

I worked at WDM Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed, young work environment, the line level employees always try to help each other. Occasionally there is some real positive energy and this helps with motivation and drive.

Cons

Constantly cycling through dead end leads or people who already have been offered the product at one point or another, for one. However the big problem is the product itself. These are not "leading industry publications" as I was told to refer to them as. If the businesses who are in that industry sector have never heard of them, why would they want to be featured and have their vendors buy ads? I was sick of feeling dishonest by quoting false circulation numbers that were fed to me by executives who couldn't possibly believe the numbers to be real.

Improve the content of the product and the circulation. The digital brochure product is terrific, probably the most valuable part of the package, but if the rest of the magazine content was better, more fluid and marketed better, maybe the product would be worth selling. Until then, I think this is a failure waiting to happen, to be honest.

18 Other Employee Reviews for WDM Group (View Most Recent)

Ridiculous, but not "funny" ridiculous

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at WDM Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to wear jeans to work? I suppose the work environment isn't the worst I've ever been in, as most of the employees are young and somewhat entertaining, but the way the employees are treated is atrocious. Crap, that was supposed to be a 'Pro', but that's all I got.

Cons

They basically pay you in happy hours, as stated above. I mean I did technically receive paychecks but the numbers on them were so few and small that I was basically just supporting my grooming habits each month. People are WAY overworked and I didn't meet a single person who respected the owners. Basically, it's a sales company and they have a completely unsustainable business model.

It will fall on deaf ears, I'm certain, but here goes: Stop treating people like microwaved cat diarrhea.

Not a challenge, not a good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at WDM Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's very easy and you can watch tv shows all day.

Cons

Do you want to work in a place where you're rewriting mediocre articles about current events that people have already written? Do you want to be grossly underpaid and unable to move up or learn any new skills? Do you want to work under a business plan that is completely unsustainable? Than WDM Group is the place for you!

Treat your employees better. They're all planning on walking out on you.

There are newer employer reviews for WDM Group