At Home customer service

Current Employee - Toys R US Agent in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Toys R US Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at WEST full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can choose your own hours, work with minimal stress or overbearing leadership, easy interview process, never had any issues with pay

Cons

CONSTANT waiting for hours to post, pay is low, training is lacking, contact for help is minimal to none other than email, average handle time is hard to maintain

Advice to Management

better training

reviews filtered by
  1. I have very much enjoyed it, so far...

Current Employee - AT&T Technical Care Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - AT&T Technical Care Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at WEST full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent hours, fair pay, great benefits, very thorough training...I have experienced a great level of care and concern from my trainer in my one week of training at West. I feel that we have each been given endless opportunities to ask questions, brainstorm, role play and study the material that we are eventually tested on. There is a vast amount of information to learn in just 7 weeks of training, so it is important to pay attention and take notes, as well as study those notes at home each night.

Cons

A bit like a high school environment, which can be difficult...I have found disgusting notes on the floor and it can be hard to hear the trainer, at times, above all of the side comments and laughing. The "cool kids" in our training class are constantly making fun of the smarter, somewhat "geeky" people, and the guys mainly sit around talking about who can sleep with which girl first. So, like I said, high school...you have to choose to be above all of this and simply show up with the intention of learning as much as you can before you are put on the production floor.

Advice to Management

Give tests to new employees in order to place them into specific training groups according to level of skill.

2. Educational it was a nice place to work

I worked at WEST full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job opportunities and ability to learn. Flexible hours.

Cons

There weren't any downsides to the company.