WEX

www.wexinc.com
  www.wexinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for WEX

Very employee-centered and lots of opportunity to move up in the company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Portland, ME
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Portland, ME

I have been working at WEX full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customer service opens the door to move up into most areas of the company, which most people seem to do. The attrition rate seems pretty low. The call center is casual (jeans are ok), the scheduling is flexible (it's open 24/7 so plenty of shifts to work with your lifestyle), the training is thorough so you're well prepared for your job, and people are pretty friendly. The company itself is very employee-focused, with exercise programs, an onsite gym, frequent potlucks and contests, etc. But maybe most impressive is the level of attention you receive from management, right down to tiny details--like being given your own hand sanitizer and tissues to keep at your desk.

Cons

The customer service position is actually a call center, so be prepared for that (although, you're working with business-to-business calls and not so much with the angry public). The scheduling is very tight, so if you're 5 minutes late all the calls will stack up and it's a pretty big offense. The training is intense, so if you're uncomfortable having to navigate several systems on both Windows and DOS based programs, you might not be happy about it.

None so far. The training was excellent, I always get my questions answered, and all my schedule requests have been met, so.... pretty good so far!

28 Other Employee Reviews for WEX (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work For!

Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern in South Portland, ME

I have been working at WEX as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly Team, Challenging Work and Great amount of responsibility given.

Cons

location in Portland,ME. Might not be the first choice to live for many.

Keep up the good work. look for offices in major cities to attract even better talent.

Great People with Great Passion

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at WEX

Pros

Truly a place of great people with great passion to succeed. I enjoyed the interview process, the involvment of everyone in that process from the top down. Quite impressive.

Cons

Can't think of a con. Perhaps their expectations are fairly stringent yet those expectations are achievable. The sales managers are pulled in many directions

Keep on tweeking!