There are newer employer reviews for WIS International

Love the travel. Hate the stress!

Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at WIS International

Pros

If you like to travel it is a great place to work. There are so many different stores that we do that it never gets boring for me.

Cons

They are really not fair how they treat some people and how others get away with whatever they want to do. They dont give you enough hours to make a decent paycheck. It is not a company that I would reccommend to work for if you need a full time job.

Advice to Management

The management should pay more attention to the associates who care about the job and learn how to talk to people with a little more respect than they do. If i could tell the management anything it would be that they should know that some of us would work a lot harder than we do for them if their people skills were a little better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was money when I needed it

Former Employee - Inventory Associate
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate

I worked at WIS International

Pros

- They'll hire ANYONE. - Was working no less than a week after being hired. - Always got paid as promised. - Some nights in the hotels were fun. - If you have writer's block and need characters for a novel or screenplay, you'll find them here.

Cons

- Constantly hiring, and hiring ANYONE. Supervisors seem to always be hired from the outside. - Some of the people who have worked there for years are downright hostile and abusive. - The handheld devices you need to use to do your job are not maintained, rarely charged, more often than not outright broken. - Some of the worst and scariest driving I've ever encountered in the vans. Vehicle maintenance is questionable. - Management consists of walking around people telling you to work faster (to the point it's questionable if people are actually counting) and talking trash about other employees when they're not around (sometimes when they are). - Absolutely NO training whatsoever, and the employees with experience are too busy trying to keep up their quotas to help. - If you're on a crew that travels you'll gain 20 lbs because all anyone eats or stops at is McDonalds. - You have to watch your back at all times while working. Some of the stories I heard were crazy. I've seen people pushed while on stools, and inventory thrown at people. Some workers are clumsy and will drop stuff on you. I can see a huge lawsuit in the horizon, someone's going to end up disabled due to a crew's actions sooner than later. - Hotel rooms are always shared, sometimes with people who may be mentally unstable. - Drama, drama, drama. Did I mention there's a lot of drama with the staff? High school on the CW level.

Advice to Management

You're probably making a lot of money. It's a pretty good business actually if you can be at the top. I'm sure nothing will change. Make sure you have plenty of insurance, you're going to need it.

2. They can't think beyond a small company's mentality

I worked at WIS International full-time

Pros

depends on which field you work. but mostly people are laid back.

Cons

lack of experience lower pay than market average cheap Some of the senior managers are racist

Advice to Management

invest in your employees and your business will grow.