There are newer employer reviews for WIS International

Not a stable or secure company

Current Employee - Inventory Associate in El Monte, CA
Current Employee - Inventory Associate in El Monte, CA

I have been working at WIS International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible, enjoy the late night or early morning hours because of no traffic, very easy job, & traveling to new locations.

Cons

Wage too low, barely receive 12 or less hours a week, most of the time we have to use our own vehicle to travel so i'm basically spending more money on gas then I am earning it, they said that they will pay for your gas if spent for parking, but they don't all the time unless they decide to take the vehicle on the farther trips or charged parking spots.

Company has some outdated facts on their employee handbook. They said they would give u a shirt and apron after being employed a month which they never did, and they also only state to only wear navy blue shirt and black pants even tho their handbook says navy or white shirt or blue or black pants. Some managers will be cool enough to train their new employees, other people are not so lucky because usually they get thrown out on the floor to start working being clueless, they care about accuracy a lot. If you're not accurate or fast, they CAN fire you for that reason. This job is not stable or secure and they don't treat their employees fair. I've also heard about how the company has gotten sued because they didn't get paid for their WAITING time, meaning that if you carpooled you are waiting for other people to finish work AFTER you clocked out, you're still suppose to get paid while you're waiting. Don't apply for this job unless u really need 1 or need a side job for an extra $100 on the side.

Oh yea, another thing. The boss told me that the higher ups always tell them to hire more people, even though they can't even afford to give 40 hrs a week to their people who have more hours than the general.

Not worth it.

179 Other Employee Reviews for WIS International (View Most Recent)

Okay. Treated like crap

Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I worked at WIS International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Travel, meet new people, teamwork

Cons

Horrible gratitude towards employees who are star employees.

Consider long term employees history and dedication to company before terminating without suspension first.

Decent hours but time logging is very unorganized

Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at WIS International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You'll get decent hours if you perform at least average and show up on time. They also provide transportation sometimes.

Cons

I don't know if it's like this everywhere but where I worked "punching" in and out for work is pretty much non existent. I believe the managers on duty are in charge of tracking the hours of employees which leads to inaccurate hours and sometimes not being paid for hours that you have worked.

create a better method to log employees' hours

There are newer employer reviews for WIS International