There are newer employer reviews for WMS Gaming

This has to be the most exciting job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Senior Networked Gaming Engineer in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Networked Gaming Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at WMS Gaming full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nearly unlimited budgets, freedom to work without people looking over your shoulder, very open to new suggestions (they even have a site on their Intranet dedicated to the posting of new ideas), very laid-back atmosphere from the top on down, get to hang out in casinos, get to play with new gambling technology and bonuses.

Cons

In my case, there was a lot of travel (50%-75%), and, until we received corporate credit cards, all expenses aside from airfare were expensed, which wasn't always the most reliable way to do things.

1. Organization, organization, organization. Work with Sales to nail down installations so that the team can book travel well in advance and take advantage of lower fares.
2. If you want Networked Gaming to work, you're going to have to convince the regulatory boards that it's safe.
3. Re-hire me as the director of Networked Gaming.

88 Other Employee Reviews for WMS Gaming (View Most Recent)

Steady job, decent pay, uninspiring work

Current Employee - Artist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Artist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job is steady, work hard and well and you won't ever live in fear of layoffs. Benefits are nice, co-workers are good people. Royalties available, depending on successful projects.

Cons

Slot development in general is rather boring. The pay's great, almost a guaranteed ROI, but there's no excitement. Too many design decisions come down to design-by-committee-of-higher-ups, stifles talent & innovation, creates stagnant design philosophies that never truly push any envelopes.

Integrate a proper game development pipeline with real milestones. Allow developers to create a style for a game that they can then stick to without fear that the Committee isn't going to like minutiae that force artists & designers back to the drawing board.

WMS Gaming is a great place for a person that is passionate about what they do

Current Employee - Process Improvement Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Process Improvement Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WMS Gaming as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back environment with activities and games to help you break away from the daily routine

Cons

Need to be patient at times

There are newer employer reviews for WMS Gaming