There are newer employer reviews for WMS Industries

Solid company with growth potential - bring your 'A' game.

Pros

Challenging and stimulating environment Room to grow as a person, but you must take it if you want it Solid company with growth potential Management team is active in making adjustments quickly Gym with showers on site along with fitness trainers should you want to participate

Cons

Some projects are poorly planned/managed Departments need better communication Sick days and vacation are managed as one pool of PTO.

Other Employee Reviews for WMS Industries

This company is going places..

Pros

Great work space, cool people, very cool products. WMS is on the cutting edge of the casino gaming industry and the people who work there are zealots about putting out innovative games.

Cons

In my opinion, the pay is a little low. WMS is making LOTS of money and I'm not seeing that trickle down to some of the folks in the trenches who are actually making the games. I think that the bonuses are pretty weak as well. It's pretty apparent that the sales people and those in Game Dev are the favored children.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think the management teams are doing a fairly decent job. I would like to see some of the red tape and politics shaved down a bit. Also, the aforementioned, sharing of the wealth would be nice change of pace. It's a great place to work though and by and large I think the managers are good people.

2. More reactive than proactive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at WMS Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits package Decent time off policy Fair to good overall compensation package Promote continuing/further education

Cons

Poor communication Too man chiefs, and not enough indians Lacking in overall leadership/direction of company Putting out different fires everyday union workforce

Advice to Management

Take control and give direction. The overall direction of the company seems to be changing on a nearly monthly basis. We need to take the time to properly analize our sub tier suppliers abilities before making firm commitments. Also, we need less single sourcing.