WMS needs to get the whole company moving in the same direction.

Current Employee - Project Management  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Project Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WMS Industries

Pros

Innovative, Creative, Bleeding edge, employee appreciatation cookies, good benefits, on-site gym, very smart people willing to take sensible risks, willing to provide the proper training/education.

Cons

Every three to five years they have massive lay-offs, 10%+ of the work force. Poor communication from the top manage down to the worker bees.

Upper Management needs to communicate the business strategy to everyone in the organization. You would get many answers to the question "What is the direction of the company?" The direction of the company seems to change every quarter.

Other Reviews for WMS Industries

Solid company with growth potential - bring your 'A' game.

I have been working at WMS Industries

Pros

Challenging and stimulating environment
    Room to grow as a person, but you must take it if you want it
    Solid company with growth potential
    Management team is active in making adjustments quickly
    Gym with showers on site along with fitness trainers should you want to participate

Cons

Some projects are poorly planned/managed
    Departments need better communication
    Sick days and vacation are managed as one pool of PTO.

This company is going places..

I worked at WMS Industries

Pros

Great work space, cool people, very cool products. WMS is on the cutting edge of the casino gaming industry and the people who work there are zealots about putting out innovative games.

Cons

In my opinion, the pay is a little low. WMS is making LOTS of money and I'm not seeing that trickle down to some of the folks in the trenches who are actually making the games. I think that the bonuses are pretty weak as well. It's pretty apparent that the sales people and those in Game Dev are the favored children.

Overall, I think the management teams are doing a fairly decent job. I would like to see some of the red tape and politics shaved down a bit. Also, the aforementioned, sharing of the wealth would be nice change of pace. It's a great place to work though and by and large I think the managers are good people.

There are newer employer reviews for WMS Industries.

Worked for WMS Industries? Contribute to the Community!