There are newer employer reviews for WNBA

My experience was informative, fun, and rewarding.

Former Employee - Player
Former Employee - Player

I worked at WNBA

Pros

Some of the best reasons is the people. The relationships I have established throughout my career with WNBA are lifelong and will continue to help me achieve success in my next career.

Cons

The downsides are few. But one is the turnover. The stress of what have you done for me lately. And most of all is the travel.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to establish some type of program to help in players transition once they retire. Currently there are no programs to help or benefit retired players.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WNBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start if interested in sports marketing. Will gain a lot of experience.

Cons

Pay is low, sometimes leadership is unorganized

2. They claim their culture to be changing, but it's all talk.

I have been working at WNBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work if your trying to break into the sports world (but then get out quickly). Its an even better place to work if you're gay (easier promotions).

Cons

Over-worked, over-stressed coupled with under-valued and under-paid is not a good combination. They expect you to work the job of 2-3 people and the pay is not competitive. They under value certain positions. If you are not gay, you will have a tough time being promoted here (I hate to mention this point, but it's the truth). People don't stay here long, unless your batting for the right team and keep getting 1-2 promotions per year... They talk about changing the culture, but it's all talk.
    Unless you're a manager, they don't value your opinions. A non-manager can have an idea that gets shot down but if a manager brings up the same idea, it's all the sudden brilliant. Mangers also take credit for other people's work.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better! Don't ask them to do management level work, with entry level pay. Treat all employees fairly regardless of sexual orientation. Give credit where credit is due. Don't make people feel bad for coming up with an idea that may not be directly in their job title.