There are newer employer reviews for WS Packaging Group

Good, steady and generally nice place to be

I have been working at WS Packaging Group

Pros

A small company feel with many of the benefits of a larger company. Very flexible with work/life balance. If you work hard it does get noticed.

Cons

Each facility has its unique culture (to be expected) which is good and bad. Some growing pains from acquisitions and bringing systems together/communication.

Some decisions at the upper level are made without consideration to the seasonality of some facilities. The overall drive for improvement is positive.

26 Other Employee Reviews for WS Packaging Group (View Most Recent)

Was able to advance and be involved.

I have been working at WS Packaging Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are investing in new printing technology. I was able to progress fairly quickly. The company values Lean methodologies. 401k match.

Cons

There is an attendence point system that is only for discipline and not reward. Raises in pay are scarce. Only one choice in healthcare policy and it is high deductible which I guess is becoming the norm.

Pay better and listen more to complaints.

Employees dropping like flies!

Current Employee - Gluer Operator  in  Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Gluer Operator in Winona, MN

I have been working at WS Packaging Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only thing that is decent are the people I work with on the production floor that have been around for years. Friday hours are decent.

Cons

STP sucks! You have to meet an eligibilty for an annual increase. You are treated as a number and not a person. The only reason that the general manager and people in the office know your name is because it is printed on your uniform. The uniforms that you have to pay for out of pocket because they only provide you with a small gift certificate a year to purchase new ones. The insurance is horrible. The main concern they have is dollar amounts and numbers. They don't have a care in the world what the product looks like. Lean manufacturing does not always work. They push and push employees to go above and beyond what they already do and they do not reward them for it at sll. Moral in the company is horrible!

Pull you heads out of the office and come do our jobs for a day instead of staring at a computer or on the phone. We are people too. Maybe you will realize the hard work that we do to put a paycheck in your pocket.

There are newer employer reviews for WS Packaging Group

Worked for WS Packaging Group? Contribute to the Community!