WTAS

www.wtas.com

Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Senior Associate

Pros

Better than flipping burgers but not much better.

Cons

Raises and bonuses are small to non-existant

Pay your people market wages.

Other reviews for WTAS

Potential For Rapid Advancement If You Work Hard

Current Employee - Senior Associate

Pros

- For the most part, upper management is easy to engage and get along with on a professional and personal level. They actually take an interest in your career as well as your goals and hobbies outside of the office. Some of my closest colleagues in the firm are probably a few partners.
    - Flexible work schedule if need be.
    - No restrictions created by an auditing affiliation.
    - Autonomous work environment, though sometimes too much.
    - From all accounts, firm experiencing substantial and rapid growth when similar firms are in the decline.
    - If you do a good job and work hard, you will be noticed.
    - Can be open and honest with partners/directors during annual reviews or really any time you want to vent.

Cons

- Compensation- I had a friend with the same educational background who started out at a Big 4 making more than I do 3 years into WTAS.
    - Bonus- there allegedly used to be bonuses (correction, profit sharing plan), but that was before my time. The bonus structure and pay dates seemingl change every year, I swear it's a shell game. There supposedly is to be a bonus paid out in July 2010 and we were to be notified at the end of June. Been quiet on that front.
    - Benefits- no real complaints about the medical- I basically just use the basics anyways. 401(k)- used to be out of this world (or what seemed to be out of this world) 6% match! Then, in a move rivaled only by Art Modell's midnight move of the Cleveland Browns, the 401(k) match was virtually slashed to 1.5%.
    - Suggestions- although you can be open and honest about issues you're having and suggestions you would like to see (and you know others would as well), you never really see anything that changes or any follow up as to the comments. It tends to make the review process counter productive.

Sometimes I think management could be too close to the forest to see the trees. They seem to try to grow and expand the firm so quickly that it seems to come to the detriment and expense of a lot of people who are busting it- managers, seniors and associates. If you look, at least in the NY and metro area, a lot of the turnover is coming at the senior and manager level, yet the only people that seem to be coming in are partners/directors from other firms and the new crop of associates. There is an epidemic wiping out the middle layer and if your support structure becomes so weak that it cannot support the largesse at the top, the whole house house will implode under the weight at the top. Because of the cons, in my opinion, I think it's a possibility. You can keep bringing in new associated and talent, but eventually, the gum won't plug the hole in the dam. Just one person's view point and opinion.

Disasterous! Got themselves into trouble ...

Pros

No good reason to work here.

Cons

Received settlement for inappropriate conduct by Senior Management

Show that you care and do not participate in "clicks."

There are newer employer reviews for WTAS.

Worked for WTAS? Contribute to the Community!