There are newer employer reviews for WTS International

Great part-time job

Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY
Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working the spa desk at one of the NYC higher end hotels. Overall, the clients were great. Of course a few were high strung but you get that with any job dealing with the public. I got to use the fitness facilities on my days off. Received discounts on the skincare products that the spa sold. For a PT gig I appreciated the higher salary at the time and that it wasn't a high stress environment.

Cons

Can't really say there we any for myself directly. My challenges had to do with my own work/life balance. This was my 2nd PT in addition to holding down a FT job. So my hours on the weekend were 1-8PM. So I was working seven days a week. Again not their fault.

However, one of my co-workers who worked for the company for sometime. She was a more senior Front Desk attendant. After working at this location for years and going to school for hospitality, she wanted to be considered for a management position, but felt that she was overlooked. Which was unfortunate because she certainly acted as a Manager on Duty when the Spa Director wasn't available and was given a lot of responsibilities by the Director.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to learn, not the best place to stay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth.
    Each location will be a different experience based on management.

Cons

Policy seemed to change abruptly.
    Very little consistent training in place.

Set policy across the board

2. Good environment, little compensation.

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at WTS International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good culture, co-workers are very friendly. My previous Director was a bit hard on everyone but only because her expectations were always 5 star, we could always count on her to get things done. free food in cafeteria.

Cons

big emphasis on upgrades. pay is stellar. Hotel staff is constantly looking down to the spa as a 3rd rate citizen. expect to have guests complain at checkout and front desk marking off the charges. Hotel manager will yes you to death and ultimately nothing will change.
    Also, new Director is hardly present. Supervisor is handling almost everything.

I'd take time to talk to the supervisors one on one and see how operations are going. It'd also be beneficial to hear what the rest of the staff have to say.

There are newer employer reviews for WTS International