Its ok

Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people, the community feel, and everyone was cool with one another. I also enjoyed that I was able to do hw as I was a student in college, between my walk arounds and what not.

Cons

the 3 years I was there I got only a 50 cent raise. I understand I was part time but that's horrible. Also if your working for a smaller community area they basically pay you low wages and then expect you to open or close, clean everything, and watch the facility. They don't pay you for the amount of responsibility you have.

Advice to Management

There should be much better incentives for people to stay with the company. Like a raise for employees who stay and promotion opportunity even if they are students. These students could be graduating and a real benefit to the company.

Other Employee Reviews for WTS International

Great part-time job

Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working the spa desk at one of the NYC higher end hotels. Overall, the clients were great. Of course a few were high strung but you get that with any job dealing with the public. I got to use the fitness facilities on my days off. Received discounts on the skincare products that the spa sold. For a PT gig I appreciated the higher salary at the time and that it wasn't a high stress environment.

Cons

Can't really say there we any for myself directly. My challenges had to do with my own work/life balance. This was my 2nd PT in addition to holding down a FT job. So my hours on the weekend were 1-8PM. So I was working seven days a week. Again not their fault. However, one of my co-workers who worked for the company for sometime. She was a more senior Front Desk attendant. After working at this location for years and going to school for hospitality, she wanted to be considered for a management position, but felt that she was overlooked. Which was unfortunate because she certainly acted as a Manager on Duty when the Spa Director wasn't available and was given a lot of responsibilities by the Director.

2. Great for training bad for long term

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had awesome management training and constant webinars. Great opportunity to learn the industry from start to finish.

Cons

Bad managers get rewarded and good people get let go. No way to build a positive work place.

Advice to Management

Listen to all your employees, not just your new management.