WTS International

There are newer employer reviews for WTS International

Its ok

Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Front Desk in Fairfax, VA

I worked at WTS International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people, the community feel, and everyone was cool with one another. I also enjoyed that I was able to do hw as I was a student in college, between my walk arounds and what not.

Cons

the 3 years I was there I got only a 50 cent raise. I understand I was part time but that's horrible. Also if your working for a smaller community area they basically pay you low wages and then expect you to open or close, clean everything, and watch the facility. They don't pay you for the amount of responsibility you have.

There should be much better incentives for people to stay with the company. Like a raise for employees who stay and promotion opportunity even if they are students. These students could be graduating and a real benefit to the company.

20 Other Employee Reviews for WTS International (View Most Recent)

Great for training bad for long term

I worked at WTS International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had awesome management training and constant webinars. Great opportunity to learn the industry from start to finish.

Cons

Bad managers get rewarded and good people get let go. No way to build a positive work place.

Listen to all your employees, not just your new management.

Unacceptable and you deserve better.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at WTS International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount on spa services. Get to eat in the Trump employee dining room.

Cons

If you enjoy an unorganized system of management, cross your fingers marketing plans and questionable financial dealings then this company is for you. There is barely any training for new employees and mostly they just make you figure out how to do your job on your own. Just wing it is a favorite training method. Then they are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you if you make a mistake. That is if you haven't left screaming yet. Because many people do. There is a revolving door of employees that never seems to stop going around. Which of course means being short staffed almost every shift. Or else having a very inexperienced staff, which sometimes is worse. The standards that once existed are rarely followed or taught. There is no team work, not even a sense of team. The front desk is pitted against therapists in terms of sales. Management is addicted to discounting, as they seem to believe this the only form of marketing in existence. Which contributes to the randomness of appointments. Don't get your hopes too high up for full time status, benefits or hiring up from within.

Then there is the fact that you are not really an employee of the place you are working. But still have to deal with much of the crazy mess that is Trump Hotel. The employee parking lot is a nightmare on your car with broken asphalt everywhere. And good luck finding a parking spot, you're better off parking at the mall across the street. Human Resources is not located anywhere near the property location Nevada vs Maryland, so help or guidance is difficult to get. There is very little appreciation given for a job well done and very little care for employee and guest safety and well being.

Remember it is an experience being sold not just a treatment. You do a great disservice to the guest when you tell them to be there 5-15 minutes before appointment. Which means they are rushed into their robe and sandals and onto the table. Where is the time to relax? People come to us with a desire to be taken care of. Tell them to arrive 30 minutes prior so they can use the steam or sauna and then shower. It makes a world of difference. Do a google search of employees before hiring them. You'd be surprised what comes up on google that background checks fail to report. Discounting is the lowest form of marketing. Try something else.

There are newer employer reviews for WTS International