WW&R

www.weltman.com
  www.weltman.com
There are newer employer reviews for WW&R

I have been able to develop my career at WWR!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at WW&R full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

WWR offers opportunity to grow if you are a person that is willing to work hard. Many of my ideas have been embraced by my manager. Also, the pay and benefits are good.
Furthermore, new COO is technically strong and moving the Firm forward with new technology that will be very beneficial to the business units. Additionally, the new Managing Partner, Scott Weltman, has brought a new, fresh perspective to WWR.

Cons

There are some attorneys that are intimidating. Also, some of the Collections areas can be very demanding.

Keep up with the initiatives in terms of technology and employee retention.

73 Other Employee Reviews for WW&R (View Most Recent)

Marginal at best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at WW&R full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is simply a job, you work and you get paid. As long as you keep your head down and stay out of the way you will be fine.

Cons

There is so much negativity in the air. The work could be satisfying but the tenseness of the environment always leaves you with a bad feeling It just doesn't have that professional atmosphere that people are looking for in a work.

Keep trying to improve things but know that the problems come primarily from bad managers. The staff are caught in the crossfire. This company needs to have a healing process take place. It has a very poor reputation and unfortunately rightly so on many areas.

Always Feel Like You Will Be Fired

Former Employee - Attorney in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Attorney in Troy, MI

I worked at WW&R full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good medical plan and benefits. Otherwise, hard to come up with anything.

Cons

There are just so many bad things about working at WWR. I was there 3 years and never decorated my office because I never felt comfortable enough. I always felt that I was about to be fired and dd not want the humiliation of taking down pictures, etc. on my way out the door. I worked hard. I took work home every day and worked from home on the weekends. I found out that working from home did not count and was often criticized for not being in the office on Saturday and Sunday. I lived an hout and a half from the office and it made more sense to not make the drive on the weekends-plus I did want to spend time with my family. Thet partners tended to believe that wanting to spend time with family was disloyal to the company.
    Every time I started to hit by billing quote, it was increased. It stated at $20,00 per month and was increased to $35,000 per month. At the same time, the billable rate to the clients decreased. Toward the end, I was expected to make the $35,000 per month quote at $150 per hour. That meant billing 233 hours per month-or 2800 hours per year. That is about 1000 hours per year more that the big firms require in Michigan. I could not do it. When my secretary was out for 2 months with a broken leg, I had to do without a secretary. My boss's secretary was told to help me only if she had free time. I finally got so burned out I did what is forbidden: I took a two week vacation.
    Due to the vacation, I billed only $15,000 that month. The next month I billed $31,000 -higher than anyone else in my section-and I was fired. The reason given was that I should have billed $35,000 notwithstanding the vacation.
    Hard work does not count at WWR. Only loyalty to the company. If you give a hint that your family is more important to you, you are toast.

Allow people to take vacation time. Be realistic about the balance vetween work and family,

There are newer employer reviews for WW&R