WW&R
www.weltman.com Cleveland, OH 500 to 999 Employees

Sometimes, Your Job Is As Good As You Make It...and Mine Is Good!

ProsOn day 1 - you start with over two weeks of Paid Time Off - seriously! I work in a highly-skilled role within the firm, so I get paid fair market value for my service. Those who knowingly choose to take an hourly position should know what they're getting. I think the firm places appropriate value on work based on the responsibility of the function, so no, the hourly positions don't make as much money as the salaried executives, nor should they.

Furthermore, this firm has one of the BEST training programs around, so people have the opportunity the VASTLY improve themselves professionally AT NO COST - WWRUniversity is unlike any other training program I've seen (not sure how anyone could fault the training opportunities here).

Good work is genuinely rewarded with recognition (although it would be nice if they would promote from within more often - some recent top executive hires from outside the firm have me scratching my head). Lastly, I have recommended this firm to my friends (one of them was eventually hired), because it's a great place to work if you're a REAL professional and behave like a professional. But it's not easy work, and if you HAVE to know what you're getting into or you're going to have a false impression of what your work life will be.

ConsThere have been a few staff adjustments this year, which is never easy for anyone. Also, if you are comfortable working for lawyers (those crazy creatures with really funny personalities) then don't bother doing it. They aren't always easy to work for, and I laugh whenever I hear people express shock about what it's like to work for attorneys - if you can't stand the heat, don't walk into the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pandering to the lowest common denominator when you recruit and hire employees. If you want loyalty, promote a culture that embraces loyalty. Stop hiring the village idiots and invest some time and money in GOOD people.

Fearful place of employment

Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at WW&R full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I have nothing to list. Cons: Very bad experience overall. Attorney's are rude and have no professionalism, they are so out of touch with reality and the ability to run a… Advice to Senior Management: Fire the crooked Partners! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great learning experience of what no one should endure.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at WW&R full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good medical, vision, and 401K Benefits, Ok pay and never a dull moment… Cons: Terrible, terrible upper management staff! They tend to be rude, out of touch, condescending and unrealistic. It is so unfortunate… Advice to Senior Management: Retire and start over with new managers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on WW&R.

Worked for WW&R? Contribute to the Community!

WW&R – Why Work for Us?

​​​ ​​Yes, just like you are doing right now, we also read Glassdoor. We listened and took your comments seriously. Thank you for the valuable feedback. This is an exciting time for WWR as we are instituting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WW&R reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WW&R CEO Scott Weltman. All reviews posted anonymously by WW&R employees.